• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft vs. Lyft Plus

cin90

Is it possible for a pax to request a regular Lyft vs. Lyft Plus when they can clearly see my vehicle (Plus-eligible) on the app? How would I know if a Lyft Plus was requested? I drive a 7-seater vehicle.

Last night (prime time) I received a request and an immediate cancel. Another request came in by the same pax. On my way for pick up, said pax called asking if I have room for 6. My initial thought: why the need to ask if there's room if a Lyft Plus was ordered, that would be a given?

On one hand I'm wondering if she duped me. On the other hand, this is my main vehicle so whether or not a Lyft Plus is ordered, I have the capability of fitting up to 6 people.

Thought?

Thanks!

sidewazzz

Pax know what they are doing. They are just trying to get the lower rate.... with that said even if they put the switch on you and request a regular ride but put 6 pax into your car. Email lyft and let then know exactly what happened and they will make the adjustment.

cin90

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hate being taken. I believe when you say they know what they are doing. Pretty slick! They Lyft often with this group of people (so they told me) therefore, they have experience. Maybe they were staking it out to see if a sucker popped up.

Is it fair to ask if they ordered a Lyft Plus? I don't think that's even necessary in most cases but in this one, I could have caught them in the act.

Thanks so much for your input! I will email Lyft and see how it pans out.

sidewazzz

Yeah just email lyft and let them know you had more X amount of pax and they will give you the plus rate.

cin90

Does the company actually pay the difference or will they try to contact the passenger at all? My first thought is they wouldn't dispute the passenger to not lose business.

Thanks!

cin90

May I ask why you posted this question both here, and the Los Angeles/OC section?
Sure.

1.) In case my question was buried or not easily and therefore not answered. (I tend to be wordy - possibly not concise enough)
2.) Similar reason....maybe my question would get lost in the LA/OC section - I'm not sure how 'busy' it is there so thought I'd ask in this section in case there are more views here vs. LA/OC.

Octosaur

I guess that's a good point.
From what i know you're supposed to tell them they have to cancel the initial ride, then reorder with the appropriate number of passengers.

BostonBarry

I guess that's a good point.
From what i know you're supposed to tell them they have to cancel the initial ride, then reorder with the appropriate number of passengers.
That is correct. The pay is one issue but insurance is another. I have asked both Uber and Lyft about this. Uber will adjust the fare, Lyft will not. Uber ignored me when I asked if insurance covers me when carrying more than 4 pax on UberX, Lyft outright told me it is potentially an insurance issue if I have more than 4 pax on a regular Lyft. Uber or Lyft I will only take more than 4 if they request XL or Plus.

To differentiate between requests on Lyft, note that the Accept, Arrive, and Submit button is color coded to the type of ride. Lyft is grey, Plus is blue, and Line is purple.

cin90

Great information!

I've picked up 6 passengers 3 times and they color has always been pink. They aren't requesting Lyft Plus in my case I guess :rolleyes: I'm hesitate selecting 'Lyft Plus' in the app for fear that's the only request that would come through which are few and far between.

MrPix

.... I'm hesitate selecting 'Lyft Plus' in the app for fear that's the only request that would come through which are few and far between.
When you go into driver mode, you're eligible for all ride types, regardless of what it is on when you're in pax mode. I would LOVE the feature to disable line rides as I think the software interface is TERRIBLE if you have a Lyft Line issue with ride 2 or 3 and pax 1 is still in your car. That stuff shouldn't play out in front of the pax.

BostonBarry

Sorry to hear. Honestly found it a lot easier to notice the color rather than looking around the screen to find the text identifier.

NJ_PATS FAN

Great information!

I've picked up 6 passengers 3 times and they color has always been pink. They aren't requesting Lyft Plus in my case I guess :rolleyes: I'm hesitate selecting 'Lyft Plus' in the app for fear that's the only request that would come through which are few and far between.
How can you tell whether you are Lyft plus? My vehicle qualifies as Lyft plus and Lyft support has confirmed with me. But I don't see anywhere on my Driver App that would allow me to see and/or choose Lyft Plus

macchiato

You can't distinguish between the two rides any more. They are "working" on it according to the email they sent me.

BostonBarry

How can you tell whether you are Lyft plus? My vehicle qualifies as Lyft plus and Lyft support has confirmed with me. But I don't see anywhere on my Driver App that would allow me to see and/or choose Lyft Plus
You don't select it. If your vehicle is registered as Plus (as Support says it is) then you will just receive Plus requests same as you would receive normal ones, with the color coding I described above.

You can't distinguish between the two rides any more. They are "working" on it according to the email they sent me.
There is a way to differentiate:

To differentiate between requests on Lyft, note that the Accept, Arrive, and Submit button is color coded to the type of ride. Lyft is grey, Plus is blue, and Line is purple.
I've talked to someone who said they had an issue with the colors not displaying on iOS, but they certainly display on my Droid. Not sure if the iOS has been fixed yet.

MrPix

I also miss the PLUS/LINE icon in the top left corner, which was absolute. It means only one thing. The problem with the colors is not that they need to be learned, which is easy, but that they are not rational. Lyft line is the Lyft color (which I associate with Lyft) so to me that is a normal ride. The gray is drab and dreary and makes me sad so I automatically associate that with Lyft line. When it comes up blue, I almost drive off the road in excitement. All that blue! Wait, shouldn't it be green? Green is the color of money! WHOAH where did that lamp post come from?!

KMANDERSON

i
Hate being taken. I believe when you say they know what they are doing. Pretty slick! They Lyft often with this group of people (so they told me) therefore, they have experience. Maybe they were staking it out to see if a sucker popped up.

Is it fair to ask if they ordered a Lyft Plus? I don't think that's even necessary in most cases but in this one, I could have caught them in the act.

Thanks so much for your input! I will email Lyft and see how it pans out.
if there more than 4 passanger cancel the ride.

KMANDERSON

That is correct. The pay is one issue but insurance is another. I have asked both Uber and Lyft about this. Uber will adjust the fare, Lyft will not. Uber ignored me when I asked if insurance covers me when carrying more than 4 pax on UberX, Lyft outright told me it is potentially an insurance issue if I have more than 4 pax on a regular Lyft. Uber or Lyft I will only take more than 4 if they request XL or Plus.

now if we can get them to let us know if it a prime time ride before the trip
I wanting for them to do that

cin90

I've had at least 3 more rides with 5+ passengers. I can't tell if they are Lyft or Lyft Plus. I didn't see any difference in the ping nor did the PAX nor did the PAX inquire (as my first experience).