• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft "VIP passenger" - Non Emergency Medical PAX

Benjamin M

Strangely, for my market, most of my pings were on Lyft yesterday.

One was at a hospital (MCV for anyone familiar with Richmond). I believe that this was the third "Lyft VIP" request that I've had, all outside of hospitals or clinics.

The message sent when I arrived -

"You are picking up a Lyft VIP! Please wait a few additional minutes to ensure pick-up. Please review: http://lft.to/2nkfC3M"

I circled around the hospital for a bit until the clock ran out. I didn't call but I knew the hospital well and kept checking the different exits, nobody seemed to be waiting.

Canceled, got nothing in terms of payment from Lyft.

Writing this, I just noticed a text message from a different Lyft number, "two people riding". Oh well, guess they rode with someone else. 😂
Post automatically merged:

Edit - holy hell, just clicked on the link. Lyft takes this shit seriously. I have absolutely no problem with wheelchairs or people being discharged from the hospital. But damn, the aggressive messages for canceling a ride and such on Lyft are a bit much.

So "VIP" means "disabled" - wonder why they don't say so? Or, keeping it PC, "differently abled".

Wheelchair Policy
Lyft’s policy is that passengers who use wheelchairs that can safely and securely fit in the car’s trunk or backseat without obstructing the driver’s view should be reasonably accommodated by drivers on the Lyft platform. Drivers should make every reasonable effort to transport the passenger and their wheelchair.
If you refuse to provide a ride to a passenger whose wheelchair could be reasonably accommodated, we’ll follow up with you to find out why. Drivers who found to have unreasonably refused to transport passengers with lightweight wheelchairs that can be dismantled or folded are liable to be removed as drivers on the Lyft platform.

IR12

Strangely, for my market, most of my pings were on Lyft yesterday.

One was at a hospital (MCV for anyone familiar with Richmond). I believe that this was the third "Lyft VIP" request that I've had, all outside of hospitals or clinics.

The message sent when I arrived -

"You are picking up a Lyft VIP! Please wait a few additional minutes to ensure pick-up. Please review: http://lft.to/2nkfC3M"

I circled around the hospital for a bit until the clock ran out. I didn't call but I knew the hospital well and kept checking the different exits, nobody seemed to be waiting.

Canceled, got nothing in terms of payment from Lyft.

Writing this, I just noticed a text message from a different Lyft number, "two people riding". Oh well, guess they rode with someone else. 😂

Edit - holy hell, just clicked on the link. Lyft takes this shit seriously. I have absolutely no problem with wheelchairs or people being discharged from the hospital. But damn, the aggressive messages for canceling a ride and such on Lyft are a bit much.

So "VIP" means "disabled" - wonder why they don't say so? Or, keeping it PC, "differently abled".

Wheelchair Policy
Lyft’s policy is that passengers who use wheelchairs that can safely and securely fit in the car’s trunk or backseat without obstructing the driver’s view should be reasonably accommodated by drivers on the Lyft platform. Drivers should make every reasonable effort to transport the passenger and their wheelchair.
If you refuse to provide a ride to a passenger whose wheelchair could be reasonably accommodated, we’ll follow up with you to find out why. Drivers who found to have unreasonably refused to transport passengers with lightweight wheelchairs that can be dismantled or folded are liable to be removed as drivers on the Lyft platform.
Being nice, going extra mile is one thing.
Trying to make it a driver's JOB to fold, lift wheelchairs...meh

This is actually part of the Lyft drivers job in Florida-go figure.
Some of these folks need a helper or companion.

Benjamin M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They didn’t allow you to receive a no-show fee?
Zip, zero, zilch. Options were to call or cancel without payment. I think that I was there for about ten minutes.

The message states "waiting longer", I guess 20 or so minutes and they would have paid.

I would have taken the fare but I wasn't in the mood for a phone call. I circled slowly. My Amp displayed the unique color. Nobody flagged me down.

Being nice, going extra mile is one thing.
Trying to make it a driver's JOB to fold, lift wheelchairs...meh

This is actually part of the Lyft drivers job in Florida-go figure.
Some of these folks need a helper or companion.
I don't mind wheelchairs. And the follow up message saying that it was two people was encouraging - a caretaker is helpful. But not being toes to the curb? Nah.

SFOspeedracer

Zip, zero, zilch. Options were to call or cancel without payment. I think that I was there for about ten minutes.

The message states "waiting longer", I guess 20 or so minutes and they would have paid.
Contest that. At least lyfts support is not completely useless, a rep will actually understand what it is you actually want to contest. 10 minutes, on top of the time you took to get there? To pay you zilch? FOH

There’s a reason Lyft is often not the favorable choice of the two evils, in most markets

Benjamin M

Time to get there was two minutes or less.

At least with Uber I can call them. Lyft, not so much. And I've tried to get paid for canceling before, they have always refused.

SFOspeedracer

Time to get there was two minutes or less.

At least with Uber I can call them. Lyft, not so much. And I've tried to get paid for canceling before, they have always refused.
Lyft can be called, texted, and emailed .. If you mess with your help center

Since they didn’t specifiy how long extra minutes was, that’s perfectly good reason to give you a no show fee

Benjamin M

Lyft can be called, texted, and emailed .. If you mess with your help center

Since they didn’t specifiy how long extra minutes was, that’s perfectly good reason to give you a no show fee
And their phone number is...? Or direct email address?

They use Zendesk and you need to choose an option from a list to start corresponding. And stuff like this, they'll do whatever they can not to pay drivers.

Had some dudes with a stop once. They were inside for about 20 minutes. No indication of leaving any time. I was apparently supposed to hit "Ready to go" and then complete the trip, instead I canceled. Explained it to Lyft, didn't get a cent.

^^ exactly this, I guess I should of asked that initially

You did do that, right? Lol
In this case, don't think that would make any difference.

In general, after the clock runs out, you're given the option to cancel. Apparently not for "VIP" pax.

I might swing by the hub. But Lyft is such a small percentage of my income, it's whatever.

SFOspeedracer

They use Zendesk and you need to choose an option from a list to start corresponding. And stuff like this, they'll do whatever they can not to pay drivers.

Had some dudes with a stop once. They were inside for about 20 minutes. No indication of leaving any time. I was apparently supposed to hit "Ready to go" and then complete the trip, instead I canceled. Explained it to Lyft, didn't get a cent.
Meant in app messaging as email, my bad

If you prompt for a text, someone will text you on instant saying Hi, my name is blah blah blah, how can I help you today

And the calling feature, they call you, but it’s instant, usually within 5 seconds, similar to apples call support

Benjamin M

Meant in app messaging as email, my bad

If you prompt for a text, someone will text you on instant saying Hi, my name is blah blah blah, how can I help you today

And the calling feature, they call you, but it’s instant, usually within 5 seconds, similar to apples call support
And where's that buried in the app??

The only way I've successfully been able to speak with anyone apart from choosing an option of trip problems has been through Twitter. And they've never actually helped.

SFOspeedracer

In this case, don't think that would make any difference.

In general, after the clock runs out, you're given the option to cancel. Apparently not for "VIP" pax.

I might swing by the hub. But Lyft is such a small percentage of my income, it's whatever.
But for Lyft you have to initiate a call to cancel for a fee, if no call is initiated, you don’t get a fee

Benjamin M

But for Lyft you have to initiate a call to cancel for a fee, if no call is initiated, you don’t get a fee
Yeah I am glad that Lyft is not the primary in my market 😂

They gave me some decent pings today, rare, but overall - PITA.

SFOspeedracer

And where's that buried in the app??

The only way I've successfully been able to speak with anyone apart from choosing an option of trip problems has been through Twitter. And they've never actually helped.
E36322B8-E3A2-41A8-8A4A-349990B3EBEB.jpeg

7280A8C9-34D2-4C0E-ADFB-BC5EFE9EE54F.jpeg

^ Under certain topics, even if it doesn’t pertain to what actually happened, a rep will usually already know how to handle it or transfer you over to someone who does

For your specific cancel fee “issue”, if you just want to text (which for me by far has been the easiest)

08E1EE63-8A87-456B-9D47-BF70EE7A838F.jpeg

EEDD4400-2CAF-41CD-AFC5-3458457A28DB.jpeg

kc ub'ing!

didn't get a cent.
I find success is proportional to your willingness to fight! “Meh, its only $5, screw it.” Doesn’t exist in my world!

“That’s not my problem where’s my 5 bucks? I did my due diligence, where’s my 5 bucks? There was an issue with YOUR ap! Where’s my 5 bucks?”

I usually get mines. I’m sure in no small part cuz support gets tired of my brow beating. I’m relentless when I feel wronged!

Benjamin M

SFOspeedracer

Yeah I am glad that Lyft is not the primary in my market 😂

They gave me some decent pings today, rare, but overall - PITA.
Lol. I get it bro. For every 15-20 Uber rides I do, I might do 1 Lyft. I usually decline Lyft until I get a 45+ or decent flat surge.

As far as the no show fee, that is the only way to get a fee with Lyft. I don’t sit there through rings though, the call only has to be initiated. I’m a half of one ring and done guy.

And how do you find this?
The help center? Lol

Scroll all the way to the bottom on the topics listed for issues

Benjamin M

Lol. I get it bro. For every 15-20 Uber rides I do, I might do 1 Lyft. I usually decline Lyft until I get a 45+ or decent flat surge.

As far as the no show fee, that is the only way to get a fee with Lyft. I don’t sit there through rings though, the call only has to be initiated. I’m a half of one ring and done guy.
I'm fairly certain that I've collected without a phone call before, but I could be wrong.

The options presented were different with "VIP".