Lyft upfront pricing

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  iPHX 
#1 · (Edited)
Map World Font Slope Parallel
Lyft was supposed to be different lol.

See less See more
#5 ·
Both and here is why

As a passenger I like to know exactly what it's going to cost . Granted I don't really care all that much since I can do math and figure out how much it's going to cost in my head

As a Driver . I can take the way that has more distance . I know my city very well and I know routes that are just as fast in most cases but add extra mileage to the trip . I would only take these ways when I had to before since i didn't want to rip off the passenger for no reason but now I always take them . If it's going to take under 3 minutes longer to take the longer route I take it , uber won't charge for this route and I'll make more money. My main route Downtown Denver to the Airport makes me an extra $13 on a Select ride and instead of paying 25% to Uber I'm paying around 10-15% most times. I did a lot of trial knowing what uber is charging pax for these rides before pick up and they never charge them the fare amount that I take . And since this is 90% of my business it works great for me

#6 ·
Both and here is why

As a passenger I like to know exactly what it's going to cost . Granted I don't really care all that much since I can do math and figure out how much it's going to cost in my head

As a Driver . I can take the way that has more distance . I know my city very well and I know routes that are just as fast in most cases but add extra mileage to the trip . I would only take these ways when I had to before since i didn't want to rip off the passenger for no reason but now I always take them . If it's going to take under 3 minutes longer to take the longer route I take it , uber won't charge for this route and I'll make more money. My main route Downtown Denver to the Airport makes me an extra $13 on a Select ride and instead of paying 25% to Uber I'm paying around 10-15% most times. I did a lot of trial knowing what uber is charging pax for these rides before pick up and they never charge them the fare amount that I take . And since this is 90% of my business it works great for me
So are you saying the the price is fixed for the rider, but Uber still pay us for actual mileage? I get riders who want to change their destinations, or add a stop, etc. We still get paid for actual miles driven right?

#3 ·
I can tell you guys with personal knowledge,
That one of the main reasons many people did not use Uber and Lyft is because they want absolute upfront pricing the second issue is they dont't wish to use credit cards.

I drove taxi for 11 years so I still have an online presence that I can not get rid of, people still call me occasionally and when I try to tell them about Uber and Lyft they don't want to hear it they don't want to use a credit card and they want up front pricing..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.