Lyft & Tolls

dirtylee

The hell. Just started lyft, aiming for that $500 bonus(my app was really that old). First trip out of dfw & it seems I didn't get either the $2.00 airport toll or the Sam Rayburn tolls.

How do you request reimbursement in app? Or do you have to do it on the website?

Cquebe3

The hell. Just started lyft, aiming for that $500 bonus(my app was really that old). First trip out of dfw & it seems I didn't get either the $2.00 airport toll or the Sam Rayburn tolls.

How do you request reimbursement in app? Or do you have to do it on the website?
Via email, just go to your dashboard via the app, and click through the menu, you select the problem, then the specific. Just as a heads up you'll need a receipt showing what you paid for the toll.

dirtylee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Receipt for tolls? There's a map. That should be all that's needed.

Other than tips, why does everyone prefer lyft? Same dbag riders except the app is @@@@ing terrible. No idea what my ratings are, took forever to find actual earnings, even longer requesting toll reimbursement.

dirtylee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll just drive the 50 rides for $500 then I'm done. Not worth all this aggravation for a few bucks in tips. Also, lack of a $1 base fare means uber > lyft on every non tipped ride from 2.5 miles plus.

tnkvick

Lyft will not reimburse tolls without receipt, at least that's been my experience. I got fkd on a trip from mckinney to dfw like 8 bucks in tolls.

So now if I get a lyft I tell them if you want me to take tolls yout pay me cash.

Volvonaut

Overall, Lyft has done a far better job than Uber's highly suspect inability to catch more than half of all tolls, IME. I never had to ask for one yet. I'll assume the Tollmate app could provide adequate receipts. As a newcomer having just completed the $500 bonus myself, I absolutely agree that I have no idea what people see in Lyft in terms of it somehow not being the same game, not to even mention drawbacks of driver saturation and lower demand. A tipping field is the single advantage I can think of, which unfortunately can't compensate for fleeting "prime time".

Cquebe3

I find lyft riders are a bit more pleasant that Uber, and maybe it's me, but the trips I take are very long on lyft, I run both at the same time.

i also think lyft has better guarantees, for me living in Plano that is. One trip an hour anywhere in the DFW area
Receipt for tolls? There's a map. That should be all that's needed.

Other than tips, why does everyone prefer lyft? Same dbag riders except the app is &%[email protected]!*ing terrible. No idea what my ratings are, took forever to find actual earnings, even longer requesting toll reimbursement.
They send your ratings via email, and you should be able to check your earnings in real time through the app, I also like the instant direct deposit once you've made at least 50, not to a separate debit card like Uber

Uberdummy

Lyft is a worthless POS. I hardly ever turn it on. Pings over 20 minutes away. Then they have the nerve to send me lecturing emails about my acceptance rate? ESAD LYFT! Most aholes don't tip just like Uber. At least when i get an Uber tip it's cash tax free. Tolls as pointed out are a pain to fix. Why should i have to provide a receipt when the MORONS can see the map route i took on the trip? On Uber I send in a missing toll right on the app right on the trip i just took and Uber fixes it usually within an hour. The only time i get asked for a receipt is if it's a large toll. I cut and paste the charge from NTTA account problem solved.

Volvonaut

Well, out of 50 rides, I might have seriously gotten 4x more tips than my entire Uber career. That was cool, everyone's mileage may vary of course. Their attitude that you should accept a ping 29 minutes away at 4 am however is comedic.