Lyft to get rid of PrimeTime in NJ

OtherUbersdo

I don't depend on PT or surge so it wont have a big impact on me . What I really hate is how both companies introduce these blatant screw jobs . " We used to have good but you told us you prefer evil . We have replaced good with evil to make things easier for you . We listened .?

JerseyBoy911

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Score a ride bonus"…?

Could "Lyft Drive Team" be any more patronizing?
Dumb as hell.. Smh ?

Post automatically merged:

Primetime ride from this pass Sunday after a concert in Nwk. Guy was real cool, we had a good convo... So much for these rides!! ?

VictorD

Dumb as hell.. Smh ? View attachment 314767
Post automatically merged:

Primetime ride from this pass Sunday after a concert in Nwk. Guy was real cool, we had a good convo... So much for these rides!! ?
View attachment 314768
Yeah, that $67.47 Prime Time will now be a $1.83 "bonus"...

... because, after all, we want you to have "more reliable and consistent earnings."

And remember, now, 'you'll see the bonus amount up front, so you'll always know just how hard you're getting it in the ass - before you give a ride. No more guesswork.'

DRB720

I never really received a Primetime; I signed up for Lyft in December at the time of the big Uber outage. I may have seen it once when I was passing through Philadelphia that week or the following and I've never seen it again. I typically get those boxes that pop up mostly in undesirable areas, although I have seen them in Summit and I saw one in Morristown. It's also not part of my strategy at all, so I don't worry about it. A couple of my driver buddies still get it though.

LüberInLyft

To be fair, if you get a ride like that they will adjust it so you get 60% of what the rider paid.

Its still a crock o ?
You drive in Philly? Do you have an example of a high primetime ride with flat surge? How do they base their "extra" pay when primetime is high?

anteetr

You drive in Philly? Do you have an example of a high primetime ride with flat surge? How do they base their "extra" pay when primetime is high?
There is no rhyme or reason to their bonus zones. I now do 90% of my driving with Uber. The split has gone up considerably since the power zones came out.

Basically you take what they give you where they give it to you and if you dont like it @@@@ you. They give you the bonus or 60% of the rider fare, whichever is higher.

This ride had a roughly $10 bonus on it when I accepted it:

FFF5470C-4A2A-42F6-A34A-4A19D63ECEF0.jpeg

VictorD

There is no rhyme or reason to their bonus zones. I now do 90% of my driving with Uber. The split has gone up considerably since the power zones came out.

Basically you take what they give you where they give it to you and if you dont like it @@@@ you. They give you the bonus or 60% of the rider fare, whichever is higher.

View attachment 314795
There's a method to get the split back closer to 75/25 in the bonus zones without longhauling, or screwing with the pax. It doesn't always work, but roughly 50-60% of the time it does.

And don't ask 'cause I'm not tellin'.

LüberInLyft

There's a method to get the split back closer to 75/25 in the bonus zones without longhauling, or screwing with the pax. It doesn't always work, but roughly 50-60% of the time it does.

And don't ask 'cause I'm not tellin'.
Good to know the flat rate can still be manipulated. Its such a shame that we have to find ways to cheat in order to make a living wage.

RogueErik

View attachment 314795
E368B6FA-79BD-4BC8-95AD-08E1FA4D2986.jpeg