Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lyft Strikes First!!!! Orange County Charlotte Surge LIVE April 15th

3K views 64 replies 27 participants last post by  132266 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
I've never left Uber. I just went from 30 rides per week down to 1

You cruel man.....lol

I've had a long time to think about what I would do when Charlotte hit. For certain, I won't do events anymore for any reason. Why would I want to subject myself to Soul crushing traffic and a greater chance to get a ticket for a few extra dollars. It's not worth it for me

Does this mean you're going back to Uber?

#7 ·
Their stock price is dropping like a rock. They've got to try to convince investors they can be profitable by squeezing the drivers even if there's nothing left to squeeze. It's really the only way they could think of to increase revenues right now. I hope they will lose what little market share they have and file for bankruptcy next year.

Keep it up, Lyft. You're well on your way to bankruptcy. See you at $0.60/share. :coolio:

#10 ·
ALL of this is only going to get worse as both companies go public and not only have to open their books, but constantly satisfy investors. We know how reactionary the market is too. In my opinion, they are only looking to survive long enough until full automation arrives, and even if it doesn’t, those working rideshare during the next few years will bear the burden.

#12 ·
ALL of this is only going to get worse as both companies go public and not only have to open their books, but constantly satisfy investors. We know how reactionary the market is too. In my opinion, they are only looking to survive long enough until full automation arrives, and even if it doesn't, those working rideshare during the next few years will bear the burden.
THEY ARE ONLY LOOKING TO PROP UP SHARES UNTIL THE 180 DAY LOCKUP PERIOD ENDS FOR INSIDERS

THEY DONT CARE AFTER THAT

#14 ·
So how exactly does this work? From what I read on the Lyfts website, you are guaranteed the extra bonus if you are in the personal zone without mattering if the pax is inside as well or not. If they keep using the same pink areas that appear during PT, then the chances of getting a bonus are now increased. Problem is that Im pretty sure those bonuses will be around $1-3 extra, which is trash.
Does anybody know if there is a conversion betwern PT and PPZ? Like when it was 25%pt now that will mean $1.50 extra, or when it was 75%pt now that will mean $4, something like that?
If they still give consecutive bonuses like $6 for 3 in a row, and you can also get the ppz bonus together, then doing shorties wouldnt be that bad.

#15 ·
So how exactly does this work? From what I read on the Lyfts website, you are guaranteed the extra bonus if you are in the personal zone without mattering if the pax is inside as well or not. If they keep using the same pink areas that appear during PT, then the chances of getting a bonus are now increased. Problem is that Im pretty sure those bonuses will be around $1-3 extra, which is trash.
Does anybody know if there is a conversion betwern PT and PPZ? Like when it was 25%pt now that will mean $1.50 extra, or when it was 75%pt now that will mean $4, something like that?
If they still give consecutive bonuses like $6 for 3 in a row, and you can also get the ppz bonus together, then doing shorties wouldnt be that bad.
DID YOU GET THE EMAIL?

WHAT IS YOUR HOME BASE CITY?

#23 ·
I always asked myself why doesnt OC have flat surges with Uber like SD, IE, VENTURA counties by now.

LA market is one of the biggest markets for rideshare so i understand they probably dont want to risk of bringing flat n not being able to meet the demands due to drivers quitting n losing moneyyy....but OC ? ???
I thought since its the next closest county next to LA where riders commute from/to alot they may keep it as long as LA has regular surges.

But either way, dont worry guys, u guys are always welcome to come to LA n work like u guys always have been. :)

#25 ·
Welcome to the rest of the country.

I love how they spin it like "you asked for ways to make less money"

Product Font Material property Parallel Magenta

The things that really suck are:

*Use DF and NO bonus whatsoever

*Line is one Bonus per trip. Period. At least Uber gives you an additional rider payout with Charlotte Surge.

*Bonus will NOT extend no matter how long the trip. Ask me how I know.

Font Parallel Magenta Screenshot Rectangle

So Lyft copied Uber's Charlotte Surge but, being Lyft, made it worse. There's a reason Lyft is called "Uber in a Pink Tutu™"

I hope you guys crucify Lyft when this comes into play.

#44 ·
Welcome to the rest of the country.

I love how they spin it like "you asked for ways to make less money"

View attachment 310830

The things that really suck are:

*Use DF and NO bonus whatsoever

*Line is one Bonus per trip. Period. At least Uber gives you an additional rider payout with Charlotte Surge.

*Bonus will NOT extend no matter how long the trip. Ask me how I know.

View attachment 310829

So Lyft copied Uber's Charlotte Surge but, being Lyft, made it worse. There's a reason Lyft is called "Uber in a Pink Tutu™"

I hope you guys crucify Lyft when this comes into play.
Couple of questions for you..

Is everyone in your market on this new Lyft PZ or is there a population that still gets PT?

Can you kart the bonus anywhere like Uber flat surge or do you have to stay in the zone until you get a ride?

Do you lose the bonus if you adjust your ride preferences?

#28 ·
Nothing concrete. Uber makes it deliberately vague.

The biggest determinant is what the rider pays. If rider's paying Surge you MAY get it extended. If they're not paying Surge you could have a $4 Surge and drive them to Phoenix and you only get $4.

#34 ·
Full automation will arrive sometime after the Second Coming of Christ. So please recalculate. Uber and Lyft are a virtual Ponzi Scheme.

The float in this case is a little more complex than Ponzi - but float it is: It's provided by driver's undercompensated labor and the banks that finance the driver's vehicles and finally, hapless investors.

#59 ·
Now I decline surge rides... turn app off or last ride option going into surge areas.Had a lady from Miami, going to visit her mom, who was at the hospital.. she mentioned she is paying extra, most uncomfortable ride ever ?few dollars - or + not going to matter in 5 years... Just do another run and make up the surge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.