"Lyft Stock Plunges To A Record Low." Does The Emperor Have A Wardrobe Problem?

KevinH

Lyft's stock plunges 11% to a record low after its first public earnings report fails to impress investors (LYFT)

nouberipo

so when someone asks if the strike (and more importantly the awareness it created) was successful, one can point to the chart. I am confident that the strike DID have some impact on the stock and hopefully it will have an impact on the Uber stock. We will never know the true impact but seeing today's Lyft stock chart should make all of those who are participating/participated know they did the right thing. Now how do we carry the momentum forward?
Post automatically merged:

I don't recall the last time I have smiled so much. Down from 88.60 to 52.85........I hope it keeps going and maybe next time investors will think twice before investing in such a seedy, immoral, unethical company.

DougTheUberDriver

so when someone asks if the strike (and more importantly the awareness it created) was successful, one can point to the chart. I am confident that the strike DID have some impact on the stock and hopefully it will have an impact on the Uber stock. We will never know the true impact but seeing today's Lyft stock chart should make all of those who are participating/participated know they did the right thing. Now how do we carry the momentum forward?
Post automatically merged:

I don't recall the last time I have smiled so much. Down from 88.60 to 52.85........I hope it keeps going and maybe next time investors will think twice before investing in such a seedy, immoral, unethical company.

i dont see the correlation, especially since most people were only striking uber, and even then, judging by screenshots posted yesterday only a few people decided to strike at all. lyfts stock is tanking because the company has no path to profitability and even they said as much in the prospectus

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Well...

The way I look at it.

If I was doing the analysis for lyft on whether to buy/sell.

Based on the news reports collectively I would say....

Sell it now, that ships sinking with no end in sight,

If I was analyzing Uber’s IPO prospectus.

I wouldn’t buy merely on the fact that the company doesn’t care about laws at all, only its self interest. It’s financials could easily be so fake that there’s no point in bothering to read them.

Don’t buy that mess, who knows how much money is being embezzled for all we know.

And the easiest company to embezzle from is one that’s losing money.

Because the money isn’t missing, if it’s already been “lost”.

I see no short term upside to either company, and no long term upside either for that matter.

Just so much smoke and mirrors that I can’t see jack and for all I know I’m standing alone in an empty room that’s on fire.