Lyft stock hit a new low today

TheDevilisaParttimer

Boy, I'm gonna enjoy saying that over and over again, over the next 6 months!
I think it’s really going to take a hit as Uber eats more market share on the eve of their ipo.

After that I believe up and down just like any other stock, even with the losses. Now the fun starts about 2 years from now when SDCs are still somewhere over the horizon. Shareholders start seeing the writing on the wall and bail. Rideshare isn’t the next Amazon anymore, in it’s place is Bob’s discount taxi with an app. The value of all rideshare stock will halve in a week.

Mista T

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A new low? It’s only two days old!
Did anyone here ever watch the Bob Newhart show? Yes, I'm old. Anyway, there was a drinking game... turn on the show, and every time someone says "Hi Bob" you take a drink. Trust me, you will be trashed by the end of the show if you play fairly! The event happened so often, even seasoned alcoholics were taking a pee break at least twice.

So I'm thinking a driver's pool. Everyone toss in a buck, and we guess how many times we can state that Lyft stock touched a new low that trading day, over the next six months. Today was day one (on 1st day of trading, of course). There are close to 120 trading days between now and Oct 1st, I'm gonna guess it will hit a new daily low 73 times between now and then.

1974toyota

Boy, I'm gonna enjoy saying that over and over again, over the next 6 months!
Bloomberg Biz said today that wait untill the shorts pile in, LYFT will drop like a hot potato? LMAO,jmo
Post automatically merged:

Good. Drivers been getting hosed thanks to Lyft rate cuts. Now let these new shareholders experience the same.
too bad those investors didn't take a ride with a Lyft driver, that driver would have given them the real deal, Instead those investors took a $$$ LONG Ride $$$ on the Wall Street express to poluka ville,jmo

It is a good stock to short.
welp they'll be here tomorrow bright an early to pound Lyft to a new low,jmo

ROFLMAO

Mista T

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bloomberg Biz said today that wait untill the shorts pile in, LYFT will drop like a hot potato? LMAO,jmo
Don't know if anything has changed in the past decade, but a new stock could NOT be shorted for 30 days. And no options were tradable on the stock for 30 days after IPO either. So...... shorts haven't even come into play yet!

KK2929

Did anyone here ever watch the Bob Newhart show? Yes, I'm old. Anyway, there was a drinking game... turn on the show, and every time someone says "Hi Bob" you take a drink. Trust me, you will be trashed by the end of the show if you play fairly! The event happened so often, even seasoned alcoholics were taking a pee break at least twice.

So I'm thinking a driver's pool. Everyone toss in a buck, and we guess how many times we can state that Lyft stock touched a new low that trading day, over the next six months. Today was day one (on 1st day of trading, of course). There are close to 120 trading days between now and Oct 1st, I'm gonna guess it will hit a new daily low 73 times between now and then.
------------------
I'm in -- I guess 66