Lyft Scooters- oh nooo! here they come

SubaruLegacy

Prepare for it. It has arrived.

www.lyft.com/scooters/miami

Maybe we should start a pool to pay the deductible for the first one of us who runs one of these drunk morons over.

Do they really think Miami people can handle this kind of responsibility?

Be ready for drunk scooting. 2-3 riders balanced on a single scooter. Scooters jumping in and out of traffic and on to sidewalks going top speed of 15 whole mph! Pedestrians leaping into the road to avoid being hit, or because path is blocked by discarded scooters.

SubaruLegacy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You get 10 points if you actually see the mythical rider wearing a helmet. Also i'm sure they'll all be over 18 as required by law right? i mean underage kids never try to use lyft....

Oh and i'm sure the scooter companies and police will step right up and help you get reimbursed when they dent your car.

BuberDriver

Good, maybe this will weed out the Pool riders. Once they're gone and the Entomologist hacks our phones we'll be making $400/day!

JimKE

There have been so many scooter injuries that the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is investigating:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/08/the-cdc-is-investigating-rise-in-e-scooter-injuries.html

So far, it looks like the most common injuries are NOT caused by getting hit by vehicles -- the big culprit is simply falling off the damn things!
Post automatically merged:

Do they really think Miami people can handle this kind of responsibility?
Lyft doesn't care. They just want the money.

Be ready for...2-3 riders balanced on a single scooter.
I saw 2 on a scooter a couple of times in South Beach last weekend