• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft Scooters dropping out

johnx

Appears Lyft has tired of the scooter chase, in DFW. Maybe because of the approaching swnter. Shame, I liked the Lyft scooters best. I deleted the Bird app after I got charged $7.00 on a fairly short ride.

are these things not making money?

Attachments

Reactions: MHR

The Gift of Fish

Appears Lyft has tired of the scooter chase, in DFW. Maybe because of the approaching swnter. Shame, I liked the Lyft scooters best. I deleted the Bird app after I got charged $7.00 on a fairly short ride.

are these things not making money?
The costs are proving to be high for these companies. The scooters only have a very short life span; it's a matter of weeks. They lose a lot to people stealing them and smashing them up, as well as wear and tear and just not being able to find them.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

The costs are proving to be high for these companies. The scooters only have a very short life span; it's a matter of weeks. They lose a lot to people stealing them and smashing them up, as well as wear and tear and just not being able to find them.
You left of getting run over, chucked into the river (don't know if Dallas/fort worth has any rivers running through, just a guess of mine), used for target practice, uhh... ect.

peteyvavs

Uber and Lyft tried to revolutionize the transportation industry and would have been successful if they just focused on the business that initially brought them success, but they got greedy for more revenue and are rapidly being seen as predators on society.
Both U/L will be filing for bankruptcy protection in the near future because they had deceived VC’s, communities, politicians, Wall Street investors and the very people who actually generate the revenue (drivers).