Lyft Scheduled Rides = "El Toro ca-ca"

Zap

I've been engaged in a lengthy email dialog with Lyft support regarding scheduled rides. Lyft has the propensity to "silently" re-dispatch scheduled rides you've committed to - to other drivers. Lyft explains proximity is a factor but I've proven to Lyft this is erroneous with screen captures & Google map snips. On one re-dispatched scheduled rides, I was sooooo close, I could of walked to the pax pickup spot & be timely. I'm averaging around 80% of scheduled rides being "silently" re-dispatched by Lyft. :mad:

A "silent" re-dispatch is when you receive a text from Lyft to go online to accept the scheduled ride request and when you do, you either get a non-scheduled ride request 20+ minutes away or you get NO ping at all. No notice is given that Lyft took your scheduled ride away from you & gave it to someone else. :rolleyes:

Heads up my fellow Lyft drivers! The Lyft scheduled rides feature is defective, deceptive, unreliable, undependable, and unprofitable. It's designed to benefit Lyft & the pax at the expense of the driver. If you do scheduled rides, give it the lowest priority possible - lower than planning a family vacation to North Korea. :p

Last edited:

LEAFdriver

A "silent" re-dispatch is when you receive a text from Lyft to go online to accept the scheduled ride request and when you do, you either get a non-scheduled ride request 20+ minutes away or you get NO ping at all. No notice is given that Lyft took your scheduled ride away from you & gave it to someone else. :rolleyes:

This is why I screenshot everything. It's true that Lyft does this....but so far, EVERY TIME they have....I emailed Lyft with the screenshots and demand my $10 cancel fee....and they PAY IT. :cool:

I know this is definitely not the optimal solution for several reasons....but it's something anyway. :oopsies:

Zuber7

I found this out this past Saturday. Had a ride with a value of $50-62 bucks that just disappeared. I was getting pings left and right that were 10, 15, and 20 mins away. Man was I pissed off.

WestSubDriver

Yep, took me exactly once to learn that lesson. Now I get Lyft trips where the rider says "I like this scheduled ride thing" and I just say "What scheduled ride? I was just in the area."

Reactions: Zap

qiaoxiaopang

I've been engaged in a lengthy email dialog with Lyft support regarding scheduled rides. Lyft has the propensity to "silently" re-dispatch scheduled rides you've committed to - to other drivers. Lyft explains proximity is a factor but I've proven to Lyft this is erroneous with screen captures & Google map snips. On one re-dispatched scheduled rides, I was sooooo close, I could of walked to the pax pickup spot & be timely. I'm averaging around 80% of scheduled rides being "silently" re-dispatched by Lyft. :mad:

Heads up my fellow Lyft drivers! The Lyft scheduled rides feature is defective, deceptive, unreliable, undependable, and unprofitable. It's designed to benefit Lyft & the pax at the expense of the driver. If you do scheduled rides, give it the lowest priority possible - lower than planning a family vacation to North Korea. :p

Just in case anyone wants to know what ca ca is.

ca·ca
ˈkärkə/
noun
informal
  1. excrement.
:biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: