Lyft rides tip better but shared rides suck cant stop them?

joebo1963

Just ignore shared. I know I get less rides and I sit parked more time and I gross a little less but my dollars per mile are higher and I put less mikes on the car The rides I do get tend to tip a little more. Plus less stress dealing with cheapos

joebo1963

I did notice recently that Lyft is now telling me whether it’s a lyft or shared ride being queued. I can immediately tap the queue shared ride and decline

GreatOrchid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah but it so f ing annoying im just turning off is last ride and not accepting shared cheapie rides no give me 50 cents and they double and triple dip on my clock

Kodyhead

Last night I ordered an uber x, and they asked me if I wanted to switch to pool with no additional stops with another rider. Plus they would add $11,in uber cash towards the next ride

SoFlaDriver

Last night I ordered an uber x, and they asked me if I wanted to switch to pool with no additional stops with another rider. Plus they would add $11,in uber cash towards the next ride
That's funny, I got a similar offer as a pax the other day. Ordered the ride as an X, get a message from Uber that a pool driver is driving by me and going directly to my destination anyway, wouId I mind sharing? I figured, sure, okay, if it's quicker, and cheaper to boot.

The trip was no problem, but later I look at what I was billed and it was charged as a straight X trip -- two times more than it should've been! Apparently this is a new Uber scam on riders. Suggest switching to a pool, but don't change the fare, and leave it up to the customer to notice and request the adjustment. Since so many won't bother, Uber comes out ahead (cause those extra dollars were not going to the pool driver!)

I complained and they immediately adjusted, but that just really shows you the scam works. It's like getting fake charges on your cell phone bill. They're buried deep and hard to find and most customers just pay the total, but if you do take the time to study it and identify the false charges and complain, they cheerfully refund it it to you without a peep, cause that's the game. Make sure those that find the false charge are quickly satisfied and silenced and keep scamming the majority of people who don't have time to study their bills line by line.

Last edited:

joebo1963

wow...hard to believe a pool driver conveniently will be closer and get the pax there faster.....its a lie.......with this market totally saturated with drivers every 2 blocks.....come on.....this is a scam by uber to rip off the pax

GreatOrchid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
what uber needs to say we can double dip you and not pay the poor uber driver more than two quarters haha want to do it ?dirt bag offer for dirt bags wait till investers see this shyt haha sell sell sell uber stock