Lyft Rider and Drivers are getting fleeced on Surge, not Shorties

Speedy_Gonzales

Lyft is stealing but pax are using it more than Uber. Really sucks
Yeah but lyft isn’t stealing from the rider, they make sure the price is slightly lower than Uber during surge. rider orders lyft, and lyft steals from the driver not the rider. The rider don’t care who gets the money, as long as they pay less. Even if the driver gets $0 and lyft takes everything the rider don’t care, don’t expect help or protests from them

RideshareDog

Wow if there ever was a screenshot to show we are getting shafted that's the one. When lyft platform fee is more than our earnings b4 hst that's a clearly a ride they are shafting us on.

Also I would have cancelled that ride. I don't rollerate that short of a ride.

RideshareDog

Yep that's them still lighting up the city and increasing prices by 25% except now they are keeping the 25%. I can't blame lyft anymore. It's not them its the sad and pathdic who just refuse to go find a real job and continue to drive full time on these apps.

dmoney155

Tired of hearing Normy go on about this? Well, there is nothing that can be done, shy of the nuclear 'ignore' option.
(Ditto with myself on EVs -- Sorry Toronto Forum Dwellers)
:smiles:
I rather hear about EVs than union talk
Post automatically merged:

Tired of getting ripped off on surge join the union
you want to be kicked out of the platform in favour of few making 30% more? join the union!

yegoshin

Yep that's them still lighting up the city and increasing prices by 25% except now they are keeping the 25%. I can't blame lyft anymore. It's not them its the sad and pathdic who just refuse to go find a real job and continue to drive full time on these apps.
It looks equally like victim blaming. You can’t blame lyft. Don’t know what is worse: being the victim or being shamed for being the victim. It’s very much obvious lyft’s advocate tactic.
I’m doing rideshare 2-3 hours a day before my “real” job, but I still feel this topic is just about fare distribution of money between “partners”
I think rideshare companies want us feel that driving someone from point A to B it’s not a real job, but in fact it’s service people wanna to pay for, and I pay taxes for money I get, it’s fair job like any other

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurt Halfyard

Author
It looks equally like victim blaming. You can’t blame lyft. Don’t know what is worse: being the victim or being shamed for being the victim. It’s very much obvious lyft’s advocate tactic.
I’m doing rideshare 2-3 hours a day before my “real” job, but I still feel this topic is just about fare distribution of money between “partners”
I think rideshare companies want us feel that driving someone from point A to B it’s not a real job, but in fact it’s service people wanna to pay for, and I pay taxes for money I get, it’s fair job like any other
At the risk of speaking for many, when we say in this subforum that, "It isn't a real Job" we are not trying to deny dignity in labour. (which I think you address in your last sentence of 'fair job.') What we are saying is that the system (on a per-hour basis, and demand, etc. etc.) is not structured like a regular 'per hour' job, and shouldn't be treated like a full time job expecting to get full pay every hour.

What we are saying is that if you drive part time when the demand was there, and use it to supplement a more stable, lower risk, full time job, you will probably be a much more contented person.