Lyft Rider and Drivers are getting fleeced on Surge, not Shorties

Ahmado

Yeah I think derivatives and shorts and interest should have never be allowed. Islamic banking better in that respect.
It's pretty similar as they make it as a "sale with profit" instead of agreed interest
But no compound interest or any increase for that "sale" deal

dmoney155

It's pretty similar as they make it as a "sale with profit" instead of agreed interest
But no compound interest or any increase for that "sale" deal
Idea is that you are as much on the hook as the business you chose to invest in.
As opposed to lending on interest in which case you don't care if business succeeds you just want your bond obligations to be paid.
Same goes for shorts and puts ie in Islamic banking you basically you don't bet on someones house to burn down.

Good comparison is say you want a house... in Western banking, the bank sells you mortgage, they don't care if you can pay for house or not, they want commission and interest that comes from mortgage. In Islamic banking, the bank goes into a partnership with you for the house ownership. They benefit from the increased value of your asset... it's more ethical and beneficial to both parties. In western banking they will package your mortgage and sell it to someone else, along with default swap so one can also profit in case you do default on your payments. Islamic banking doesn't do that kind of shenanigans.

Personally I'm into all that stuff simply because I live in western capitalistic society. So as the saying goes "when in Rome do as Romans do"

RideshareDog

I did my experiment again at a 2x surge zone on uber. Got this @@@@@@@. Like there is just sooo much wrong with this. Specifically his car. Fool is driving 6min to pickup what could be and is a 1km trip and giving up potential 2x rides.

Turn Off the Lyft app foo
Post automatically merged:

Okay the surge is gone now but still

Attachments

Last edited:

Ahmado

I did my experiment again at a 2x surge zone on uber. Got this @@@@@@@. Like there is just sooo much wrong with this. Specifically his car. Fool is driving 6min to pickup what could be and is a 1km trip and giving up potential 2x rides.

Turn Off the Lyft app foo

Okay the surge is gone now but still
C class ... Hummmm
Can we talk about driving semi luxury car for lyft ?

Speedy_Gonzales

This is a sad fact, but a fact nonetheless. If we were more into pooling knowledge honestly and without personal gain, we'd be better off as a species.
Brother, for the most part the human race is lost. Just look at it, robots, doing the exact same thing daily. Over and over again. There are good souls out there, but they are rare. This reflects across the board, here, there, and everywhere. People can’t wait to come home, watch sports, or Hollywood movies, chew their chewing gums, eat their hamburgers. It’s insane. 2 millions ppl (which I think is way over estimated btw) show up to celebrate raptors, but you can’t even get 1000 people to protest what’s going on in our individualistic society. Collective thoughts are promoted only when it comes to sports and festivals that remove the people from concentrating on what matters.

If 2 million ppl protest the streets about the current economic situation, tear gas, rubber bullets and Guantanamo bay awaits the protesters. Life is such

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Brother, for the most part the human race is lost. Just look at it, robots, doing the exact same thing daily. Over and over again. There are good souls out there, but they are rare. This reflects across the board, here, there, and everywhere. People can’t wait to come home, watch sports, or Hollywood movies, chew their chewing gums, eat their hamburgers. It’s insane. 2 millions ppl (which I think is way over estimated btw) show up to celebrate raptors, but you can’t even get 1000 people to protest what’s going on in our individualistic society. Collective thoughts are promoted only when it comes to sports and festivals that remove the people from concentrating on what matters.

If 2 million ppl protest the streets about the current economic situation, tear gas, rubber bullets and Guantanamo bay awaits the protesters. Life is such
We don't agree on much. This we can agree upon.

i_k

2 millions ppl (which I think is way over estimated btw) show up to celebrate raptors, but you can’t even get 1000 people to protest what’s going on in our individualistic society. Collective thoughts are promoted only when it comes to sports and festivals that remove the people from concentrating on what matters.
Protesting is a tedious, uphill battle. Celebrating is easy and fun. I admire the people who go out and fight the battles and I would like to think that I would stand right by their side but the truth is I’ve never gone out to protest anything. How many of us have?. . .

Brother, for the most part the human race is lost.
Lost (in their ego) or just preoccupied. For most people life is hard. They want to spend their free time enjoying themselves. If we can’t change the world we might as well enjoy it..

Harry70

@Kurt Halfyard Okay recent evidence has shown that the title of this thread isn't true anymore. I no longer see them raising prices and keeping the difference. They just don't surge anymore unless someone can post a ride where lyft took more than 25%.
Thats not true. Kindly chk before posting. Sorry I forgot u r Lyft boy lol

This forum is no longer for drivers. Mods trying to drivert genuine issue. Very disappointed

RideshareDog

Lyft got me by the balls yesterday. Needed to finish 3 streak and it happened to be 2x on uber

And I was only paid 35-2.75toll
Before I make judgements what is your point? That Lyft took more than their usual cut? Or that u lost 2x on uber. If you do the math you'll see lyft took 20% nothing unusual about that.

U know what I'll do the math for ya
Pax paid 49.66
Now subtract 2.75
Subtract 2.75 toll
=44.16

35 divided by 44.16 is 0.79
Therefore lyft took 20%

Nothing unusual at all

So ya anyone got screenshots of lyft taking 30 or more percentage?

Last edited:

epcjay

Before I make judgements what is your point? That Lyft took more than their usual cut? Or that u lost 2x on uber. If you do the math you'll see lyft took 20% nothing unusual about that.

U know what I'll do the math for ya
Pax paid 49.66
Now subtract 2.75
Subtract 2.75 toll
=44.16

35 divided by 44.16 is 0.79
Therefore lyft took 20%

Nothing unusual at all

So ya anyone got screenshots of lyft taking 30 or more percentage?
My 35 has hst in it, yet you omit the hst from what the pax paid. Not apples to apples here.

RideshareDog

My 35 has hst in it, yet you omit the hst from what the pax paid. Not apples to apples here.
Okay can I see a screenshot of the top of that page and the part of the page that says lyft Recieved. I'm not doubting you just want to do the math myself