Lyft rental program.anyone doing it???

I was wondering about this too. It seems like a pretty good deal... I could definitely knock out the number of weekly rides to get the car for free.

HOOSIERGAL

I believe it also includes insurance. My concern would be trying to get 65 trips per week, especially now. If I ever lost my FT job, (God forbid!) I would try it. Let's hope I never have to deal with that.....

leroy jenkins

If I remember right (i'm too lazy/don't care enough to double check)-----you have to pay for every mile you drive in offline mode, 20 cents a mile I think.

For some people it'll be a good deal, for others not so much. you gotta do your own math.

HOOSIERGAL

If I remember right (i'm too lazy/don't care enough to double check)-----you have to pay for every mile you drive in offline mode, 20 cents a mile I think.

For some people it'll be a good deal, for others not so much. you gotta do your own math.
I remember seeing a lot of restrictions on the personal mileage for Lyft. I think with Uber it was a little less stringent. I think you just have to assume that these companies are not going to let any ol' schmo use a car for free because they're just 'good guys'. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. I would be more inclined to try Lyft over Uber, though.

Scurvy

I began checking for availability online 3 weeks ago. I constantly receive "no vehicles available." I even emailed Lyft and was told to "keep checking." Has anyone recently rented a vehicle from Chicago Lyft?

HOOSIERGAL

I began checking for availability online 3 weeks ago. I constantly receive "no vehicles available." I even emailed Lyft and was told to "keep checking." Has anyone recently rented a vehicle from Chicago Lyft?
Several months ago, I got as far as making the appointment and reconsidered, since 65 rides per week was too much of a commitment with a FT job. The trick to getting through is to constantly check throughout the day, every day. They DO add vehicles every week, as they get them in. It's easier than you think. The appointment to pickup the vehicle will be atleast two days in advance and you can only pick up between noon and 6 p.m. If you end up going through with it, please report back. We've only heard horror stories of the Uber vehicle plans, but nothing regarding LYFT.

HOOSIERGAL

I'm getting a Chevrolet trax and its $89/week.
Will be curious to find out how it works out for you. Good luck! I'm optimistic, only because it is LYFT and not gUBER. LYFT has so many decent options for drivers to get help and answer questions quickly.

BostonTaxiDriver

And I believe there's no Power Driver Bonus, right? Just straight earnings? And likely stringent acceptance rates and maybe even ratings pressure?

HOOSIERGAL

And I believe there's no Power Driver Bonus, right? Just straight earnings? And likely stringent acceptance rates and maybe even ratings pressure?
I definitely remember NO power driver bonus. 65 trips per week for no rental fee would be pretty tough in Chicago these days. I think you may have to sleep in that car until after Labor Day!

75drive

I remember seeing a lot of restrictions on the personal mileage for Lyft. I think with Uber it was a little less stringent. I think you just have to assume that these companies are not going to let any ol' schmo use a car for free because they're just 'good guys'. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. I would be more inclined to try Lyft over Uber, though.
Exactly right! They must make a killing off exchange leasing! I just inquired about it and now I get at least 2 texts a day and good only knows how many emails! I then sent them a profanity laced tirade asking them to leave me alone! They apologized and said they wouldn't contact me anymore and they didn't for a day!

Scurvy

How did any of you reserve a. Car? I keep checking online and always receive no vehicle available.