Lyft rehab runs

TheNJBen

I’ve done several Lyft rides from acute detox to rehab. They’ve all been nice runs and I don’t mind doing them because I know people who’ve been in their shoes and I’ve have some really great conversations on what they’re motivation to fight is and one time I listened to the guy call everyone who cares about him to tell them what he’s doing. And I am literally adopting 2 girls tomorrow because they have a mother who never even tried the work. My issue is that we get to whatever rehab it is which was set up by the hospital and purposely in a place far from home and they have no idea what to do and literally no instructions on where to go when they get there. Twice now I’ve sat there for 10 minutes waiting for them to find someone. These patients should be given a paper or something on what to do.

Mysanthropic_Motorist

Yea well.....since Lyft has the LogistaCare contract for NJ, there are drivers who make money doing nothing but them. And by nothing but them, I mean scamming. Lyft, LogistaCare, and the State all know this. Way to easy to abuse LogistaCare rides.....which leads a LOT of drivers doing just that. It’ll be interesting to see how long they hold that contract.

Alexmaywood

I’ve done several Lyft rides from acute detox to rehab. They’ve all been nice runs and I don’t mind doing them because I know people who’ve been in their shoes and I’ve have some really great conversations on what they’re motivation to fight is and one time I listened to the guy call everyone who cares about him to tell them what he’s doing. And I am literally adopting 2 girls tomorrow because they have a mother who never even tried the work. My issue is that we get to whatever rehab it is which was set up by the hospital and purposely in a place far from home and they have no idea what to do and literally no instructions on where to go when they get there. Twice now I’ve sat there for 10 minutes waiting for them to find someone. These patients should be given a paper or something on what to do.
Did you give them 1*. If so, you'll never get request from such account.

Uber burn in hell

Yea well.....since Lyft has the LogistaCare contract for NJ, there are drivers who make money doing nothing but them. And by nothing but them, I mean scamming. Lyft, LogistaCare, and the State all know this. Way to easy to abuse LogistaCare rides.....which leads a LOT of drivers doing just that. It’ll be interesting to see how long they hold that contract.
Ya last year I ordered a ride thru logisticcare and the guy drove by me. Then I watched the map as he “ pretended” to pick me up by starting the trip and Actually drove all the way to my house. 25 min trip. I called LC and they told me driver waited for me and I never showed up. When I kept calling him, he ignored my calls. It was funny thou watching him on the map end the ride in front of my house 25 min later.

Mysanthropic_Motorist

Ya last year I ordered a ride thru logisticcare and the guy drove by me. Then I watched the map as he “ pretended” to pick me up by starting the trip and Actually drove all the way to my house. 25 min trip. I called LC and they told me driver waited for me and I never showed up. When I kept calling him, he ignored my calls. It was funny thou watching him on the map end the ride in front of my house 25 min later.
Yea.....It sucks too, because you as a passenger have no control. The drivers know there’s not going to be a rating given, so they abuse the f*ck out of it. That, and no one is likely going to contest the bogus charges.

TheNJBen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know drivers play games but scamming cancel fees and waiting out a cancel just because you are are scamming for a cancel is just wrong. Sometimes the patient is late and then you have every right to but it’s just being a jerk otherwise. It’s not the patients fault. I’ve canceled 3 LC runs, one because they put in the wrong town and I was 20 minutes away when they called. One was a legit no show that I waited 15 minutes for only because it was shore rate and a 20 mile drive to my town making it a great run to end the day on. And one was when a burglar alarm was going off at the pickup and the police questioned me and made me leave (I tried getting out of the lot before the police came but once the cop saw me, i figures suddenly leaving was a poor option but I just showed him the ride on my app and he confirmed my ID by running my plate and sent me on my way literally)

Mysanthropic_Motorist

I know drivers play games but scamming cancel fees and waiting out a cancel just because you are are scamming for a cancel is just wrong. Sometimes the patient is late and then you have every right to but it’s just being a jerk otherwise. It’s not the patients fault. I’ve canceled 3 LC runs, one because they put in the wrong town and I was 20 minutes away when they called. One was a legit no show that I waited 15 minutes for only because it was shore rate and a 20 mile drive to my town making it a great run to end the day on. And one was when a burglar alarm was going off at the pickup and the police questioned me and made me leave (I tried getting out of the lot before the police came but once the cop saw me, i figures suddenly leaving was a poor option but I just showed him the ride on my app and he confirmed my ID by running my plate and sent me on my way literally)
I don’t know you, or how long you’ve been doing this...but, there are drivers that literally drive around looking to pick up nothing but the local Methadone Clinic runs.....they’re all shore rates.