Lyft referral code in Toronto

Joey5string

Hey there. So I’m looking to drive Lyft in Toronto and I know there’s some sort of bonus for a referring driver. My buddy said he’d sign up and give me his referral code and we’d split the bonus but he doesn’t really want to drive.

Does anyone know if he has to do a minimum number of trips for his referral code to work?

Will he be deactivated if he doesn’t drive?

Gone_in_60_seconds

Hey there. So I’m looking to drive Lyft in Toronto and I know there’s some sort of bonus for a referring driver. My buddy said he’d sign up and give me his referral code and we’d split the bonus but he doesn’t really want to drive.

Does anyone know if he has to do a minimum number of trips for his referral code to work?

Will he be deactivated if he doesn’t drive?
Using another driver's account or car, is definitely against the terms of service. If you want to get your friend banned for life, please go ahead and drive for him! LOL. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The only way the person above could get away with this is if they were identical twins!

Last edited by a moderator:

MUGATS

The question above from the OP is fine.

Any suggestions or “hints” promoting your code is a violation of the board rules.

METRO3

Why split it? You both get it but you have 30 days to earn 500$ and it's 2.50$ you get on every ride you do. He will get either get 500$ at the end of 30 days or $2.50 for ride u do paid at the end of each week to the both of ya.

Weekend Warrior

No need to split it as Metro3 said. You'll both get the bonus. The terms of the bonus vary depending on where you got it from. When I got my bonus, it was a one-time payout of $500 if the driver completed 125 (?) rides in 45 days. There was no partial payment if he didn't get to 125 rides.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
No need to split it as Metro3 said. You'll both get the bonus. The terms of the bonus vary depending on where you got it from. When I got my bonus, it was a one-time payout of $500 if the driver completed 125 (?) rides in 45 days. There was no partial payment if he didn't get to 125 rides.
SAME. This is accurate for LYFT.

Joey5string

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi sorry I don’t think I worded my question right. I want drive for Lyft using my own account but I don’t know anyone who currently drives for Lyft. My buddy is undecided about driving. We were wondering because he might not complete the 30 trips but signed up the whole way through, if I could sign up after him using his referral code and if HE would get the bonus, even if he doesn’t drive?

So my buddy signs up first, doesn’t drive, gives me his code, I sign up with it and do the 30 trips. Will he get the bonus still even if he doesn’t drive?

Thanks everyone!

dmoney155

Sounds like you both of you will. As explained above bonus works $$$ to guy with code, and $$$ to the new driver, provided new driver drives and completes the required amount of trips. The guy with the code doesn't need to drive to get the $$$.