• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

LYFT Ratings tanking everyday and riders not rating

Rob R

I drove Uber for a year and my ratings never tanked this fast. On Lyft it seems that a lot of people are ether not leaving any rating or only angry passengers are leaving a rating based on how my rating falls a few points everyday... most people seem perfectly happy with me, I am friendly and greet them and chat if they want to but don't talk if they don't want to.. and greet them before they leave my car, I have never had any type of attitude even if the passenger is a prick.

I am thinking of typing up some kind of notice stating the significance of the rating system and maybe some additional things like letting pax know they can change the radio, I can turn the heat/ac on if they like and so on... does anyone else have a notice like this? and does it help with ratings?

vesolehome

How long have you been driving for Lyft? Do you have 100 rated trips yet?
Lyft is different than Uber in that you see the last 100 rated trips with Lyft.

LauraC93

I drove Uber for a year and my ratings never tanked this fast. On Lyft it seems that a lot of people are ether not leaving any rating or only angry passengers are leaving a rating based on how my rating falls a few points everyday... most people seem perfectly happy with me, I am friendly and greet them and chat if they want to but don't talk if they don't want to.. and greet them before they leave my car, I have never had any type of attitude even if the passenger is a prick.

I am thinking of typing up some kind of notice stating the significance of the rating system and maybe some additional things like letting pax know they can change the radio, I can turn the heat/ac on if they like and so on... does anyone else have a notice like this? and does it help with ratings?
Always tell them you'll give them 5 stars at the end of the trip and your rating will go up.

LauraC93

People who may have given you a 3 or 4 will feel bad and just give you 5 if you tell them that you're giving them 5.

4.9 rating with over 4000 trips.

Last edited:

Rob R

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How long have you been driving for Lyft? Do you have 100 rated trips yet?
Lyft is different than Uber in that you see the last 100 rated trips with Lyft.
I don't see anywhere where it says how many trips are rated it just tells you your daily summary score

vesolehome

I don't see anywhere where it says how many trips are rated it just tells you your daily summary score
We can't help without knowing how long and how many trips. You must be looking at the driver summary email from the prior day?

vesolehome

No way lol. Mostly Uber. I've been on a lyft kick due to the good guarantees. I haven't been getting emails lately though so I never opt in on time.
They had $35 hour guarantees last May. Those were good. The zone crap for $20 doesn't get me to turn their app on.

Rob R

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We can't help without knowing how long and how many trips. You must be looking at the driver summary email from the prior day?
It doesn't show anywhere how many trips are rated I'm at 147 rides. almost have the 600 bonus and my rating went from 4.6 to 4.5 yesterday...
daily summary said 4.55 yesterday and 4.51 today with 9 rides

vesolehome

It doesn't show anywhere how many trips are rated I'm at 147 rides. almost have the 600 bonus and my rating went from 4.6 to 4.5 yesterday...
daily summary said 4.55 yesterday and 4.51 today with 9 rides
your Lyft rating is the last 100 trips. you could have had some recent low ratings and as those ratings came in it pushed out 5 star ratings. I doubt you have a total of 100 ratings yet off 147 rides so I'm guessing you've just had a few lower rated rides lately.

PhillyB

I have a notice but it doesn’t seem to help. I agree I’ve only had one noticeable negative interaction with a pax and that was when a girl got her line ride cancelled because she didn’t come out in time and me being a newbie allowed her to request me again. My fault. Other than that. I’ve taken the pax lead if they talk I talk but I’m not with the small talk so if we don’t have anything to say well enjoy the music.

PhillyB

I have a notice but it doesn’t seem to help. I agree I’ve only had one noticeable negative interaction with a pax and that was when a girl got her line ride cancelled because she didn’t come out in time and me being a newbie allowed her to request me again. My fault. Other than that. I’ve taken the pax lead if they talk I talk but I’m not with the small talk so if we don’t have anything to say well

revaad

Lyft has more focused marketing on certain areas where uber isn't active, the result is lyft pax are mostly teenager females who have anger issues and end up being provoked by anything that might sound normal to other pax, which will lead to punitive rating.
I agree that being nice and friendly will lessen the chances of bad ratings, but Lyft rating system fluctuates easily due to it's short span, so don't give up and keep the good job.

Ubering around

Lyft has more focused marketing on certain areas where uber isn't active, the result is lyft pax are mostly teenager females who have anger issues and end up being provoked by anything that might sound normal to other pax, which will lead to punitive rating.
I agree that being nice and friendly will lessen the chances of bad ratings, but Lyft rating system fluctuates easily due to it's short span, so don't give up and keep the good job.
Just rate those damn girls low so no one will pick them up LOL

Matthew Thomas

So they basically target little girls who are angry because the Chad Thunderdouches on the football team at their high school passed them over so now they become jealous, angry feminists who hate all men. Gotta love those brawds. Deciding to hate on men at such a young age even though their lives have not begun yet. lol