• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft ratings scam

UberAdrian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Screen shot record of receiving rating reflects just for last 100 rides but your rating reflects for our life time driving.
I’m 99.9% sure that’s not accurate. There is no such thing as a “lifetime” rating. There is only 1 rating and it’s based on last 100 ratings.

Even if it were lifetime though, that wouldn’t have anything to do with this. The screenshots show all my rides/ratings for 2 weeks. How did I lose rating while only getting 5 stars?

UberAdrian

That's the average of your last 100 rated trips. It tends to fluctuate a lot as a result.

On a side note, are people still really concerned about their ratings that much? Aren't there more pressing issues such as pay and car maintenance?
What? Yes we agree its the average of the last 100 rated trips. So if my rating is <whatever> and I only get a bunch of 5 stars, how does that pull the average DOWN? It should go up or stay the same at worst.

I'm not concerned, just trying to figure how this is possible. Because it seems Lyft went into my account and manually tanked my rating for some reason...which I know is crazy but I don't see any logical way that a rating can down while you're only getting 5 stars!

Wildgoose

I’m 99.9% sure that’s not accurate. There is no such thing as a “lifetime” rating. There is only 1 rating and it’s based on last 100 ratings.

Even if it were lifetime though, that wouldn’t have anything to do with this. The screenshots show all my rides/ratings for 2 weeks. How did I lose rating while only getting 5 stars?
Yeah.You are right. They are all 5* rating for 2 weeks. But your driver rating went down to 4.88 from 4.9 without any negative rating. It is absurd. I just noticed that.
Did you get any under 5* on and after 4/12?

UberAdrian

Yeah.You are right. They are all 5* rating for 2 weeks. But your driver rating went down to 4.88 from 4.9 without any negative rating. It is absurd. I just noticed that.
Did you get any under 5* on and after 4/12?
Nope. 5* all the way before and after.

Crazy right?

Kodyhead

It's clear Lyft hates you lol
Post automatically merged:

I wonder if someone downrate you from March if it doesnt show up on that weeks report

Rosalita

I wouldn't sweat a tenth of a point. It's just ride share. It's not a career move. It's not your entire identity wrapped up in one drunk pax going to another bar 3 blocks away and is too lazy to walk.

welikecamping

It doesn't help to ask lyft support. A similar problem happened to me. They will only send you a FAQ about ratings. Don't sweat it, and keep driving, keep rocking 5 star experiences and don't worry about haters.

MoreTips

Thi
After the weekly summary came out a PAX changed their rating to a lower rating or a PAX rated you on an older trip. You did not see this because it only shows ratings for last weeks rides in summary.
This sounds logical. A pax changing your rating down the road as to not allow for any easy retaliation. Probably a ex driver jealous your car still works. Lol.

Damn Boy

These ratings are psychological manipulation. Just ignore them. It's trying to drive you crazy. Can't believe how @@@@ed up these silicon valley companies are.

Mista T

Author
The ratings were up to Thursday. On Friday, a low rating hit. Then later Friday, the report came out. The stars were based on last week Fri-Thurs, but the rating is your rating at the time the email is generated.