• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft rating system

PinoyDriver

Hello,

I've started driving for lyft beginning of August and continued from there doing full/part time job. I was wondering at what point do you get when you get emails from lyft saying that you're close to deactivation. Just earlier this week I've managed to keep a 4.7 and now I went down to a 4.6 something from my driver profile with about 186 rides under my belt. Is there a way for me to raise that rating up? I've heard that someone's rating was a 3.4 but they never got emails from lyft about deactivation so I'm kinda worried about the 5.0-4.6 chart in the daily driving summaries. Any suggestions?

littleant

I was a d-bag on uber but still had 4.9 rating because I drove a newish decent looking car. Just cause uber says 03 is fine doesn't mean pax won't be merciless. Dallas is very materialistic.
LOL! Indeed They are. My SUV has panoramic sunroof & I usually open the cover so they start salivating like a dog.

PinoyDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I drive a 05 Acura TSX which is luxury. I keep it clean unless it rains and all but I just recently moved in a college town (UNT where I study) where not much lyft drivers are in besides uber but then again uber isn't there as much either so I mean that made an affect to it.

Madrigal26

I drive a 05 Acura TSX which is luxury. I keep it clean unless it rains and all but I just recently moved in a college town (UNT where I study) where not much lyft drivers are in besides uber but then again uber isn't there as much either so I mean that made an affect to it.
Most people that liked the ride or had no complaints never bother to rate you or tell anyone. Tell the passengers the rating system is negatively skewed and you get penalized if you don't get a 5 star rating. It's the truth. Do it for a week and see what happens.

Uberisthenewpoor

You need more rides to get your average up.
I wouldn't worry about it yet as you are new.
With that being said, I've taken many rides recently where the drivers seemed unsure of themselves driving in the city, and had trouble deviating from anything other than what the navigation was telling them. When I ride I try to stay quiet about the navigation, however sometimes it just takes you a very ridiculous route and if you OR your passenger knows a better way, take it.

therides

This is what I noticed. Young people are very judgy so if you can help it don't drive college crowd. They also obsess about their own rating, so if their rating drops after you rate them expect to get lower rating in return.

Last edited:

PinoyDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll try to bring it up around the Dallas area if I can. Usually more money down here then over a college town from what I noticed.

remdawg

Uhh an 05 TSX is not a luxury car. It's a rebadged European Accord with leather. My wife had an 08 TSX and it wasn't luxury at all. Really plasticy if yo ask me. She had a 2011 TSX and it was just as plasticy as the 08'. Great car but not luxury at all.

Yankeeinhrtoftx

The college crowd will also make demands like waiting for them to go up to their flat in uptown to change, come down 20 mins later and then pick them back up. I made the mistake, on my 3rd day of driving, telling 3 SMU kids that I wasn't going to sit there without the trip running. Trying to explain to them that Time=Money falls on deaf ears. They got p!ssed and I instantly dropped significantly in my rating at the time. Lesson learned. Second time it happened and I got attitude, instant 3 stars and find another sucker to pick you up at the base rate to go 2 blocks.

ThatGuy927

I was a d-bag on uber but still had 4.9 rating because I drove a newish decent looking car. Just cause uber says 03 is fine doesn't mean pax won't be merciless. Dallas is very materialistic.
I've had pax ask me the year model of my car and when I tell them 2016 they go, 'Oh, ok...' as if to give me credit for having a current year model. lol