LYFT rate changes

LBJr

So did Lyft end up changing the pay for rides in Oahu? There was a message someone posted not too long ago about Seattle having a drop in their per mile rate, but their per minute rate was going up and it mentioned that Oahu was going to have the same rate changes. On the riders app it still shows $1.50, but what about for the drivers app?

Xjen

Yes, Lyft does per mile rate cut down 50% become 0.57/mil at Honolulu
but there’s additional , 0.25/min from click accept request till you drop off, even the 0.57/mil start from you accept request too
This is a big game rule changes, today .. I did a couple trips Waikiki to airport, I notice made less money than before.
So. Big lose if you’re trying to faster
And that mean... We should start to accept long pickup?And Driving slowly?
Thinking about stay away from Lyft, waste time

Cantina00

Wow,, i cannot believe lyft did that,,, yes if there is only a 3 m-4 mile pickup,, and a 15 mile ride,, it will certainly be less money,,, I just do not understand Lyft’s logic

Amos69

Wow,, i cannot believe lyft did that,,, yes if there is only a 3 m-4 mile pickup,, and a 15 mile ride,, it will certainly be less money,,, I just do not understand Lyft’s logic
What do you mean, you do not understand Gryft's logic? Profit for shareholders must come from somewhere. Drivers always get the short end of the stick. As long as drivers continue to take rides TNC's will continue to cut rates.

Xjen

They said we’re start to make money from the time accepting trip 0.25 per minutes, it’s good the idea, but they cut down the earnings per mile to 0.57, it’s too low.
Just another trick like weekly guaranteed is BS

HNLDriver

I’m seeing a lot more Uber cars in the app than I’ve ever seen before. I’m guessing a lot of Lyft drivers have bailed.

Negg

Lyft used to be my $30/hr brother and uber was table scraps. Now I avoid lyft and use only uber. From waikiki to the airport on lyft used to be $15ish. Now it’s $11. Uber still in that $15 range.
I could see this rate being good in say SF where you might drive 10 miles for a pu. Here in Honolulu I might drive 2 miles for a pax. Might be the dumbest idea ever in the TNC program.
I’ve now cancelled lyft rides to accept an uber pax.

Amos69

Lyft used to be my $30/hr brother and uber was table scraps. Now I avoid lyft and use only uber. From waikiki to the airport on lyft used to be $15ish. Now it’s $11. Uber still in that $15 range.
I could see this rate being good in say SF where you might drive 10 miles for a pu. Here in Honolulu I might drive 2 miles for a pax. Might be the dumbest idea ever in the TNC program.
I’ve now cancelled lyft rides to accept an uber pax.
The only place this change could possibly make any sense is the middle of Kansas. No one in SF is driving 10 miles or ten minutes to pick up a shitty ride.

Goober was and probably is still working on a similar strategy, but they are waiting for the furor of Gryft drivers to subside first.

Here in Phoenix Lyft is charging the passengers the same but now paying the driver $0.35 per mile but you get paid once you accept the trip so you get paid while you drive to them. A lot of drivers stopped driving for Lyft.