• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I am not sure how many 'Founding Drivers' remain on the LYFT platform after 2 years (According to the research, it should only be 2-4%).
However there are a few of us. And at least one driver I know is having major issues with PTC renewal.

If you recall, this time last year (the 1 year anniversary of LYFT launching in the GTA) there was a large number of drivers that did their diligence in security check, and some issue, be it the Background Check firm, or LYFTs own Toronto Operations team, dropped the ball in a serious way and caused a lot of havoc for some drivers.

The the best of my knowledge, this may happen again, and the LYFT Toronto Team continues to demonstrate incompetence and indifference in this regard.

Use this thread to indicate whether or not you have had a problem. Hopefully the LYFT team is reading this, and actually attempts some sort of communication strategy with its drivers to at least set expectations going forward.

RideshareDog

I am not sure how many 'Founding Drivers' remain on the LYFT platform after 2 years (According to the research, it should only be 2-4%).
However there are a few of us. And at least one driver I know is having major issues with PTC renewal.

If you recall, this time last year (the 1 year anniversary of LYFT launching in the GTA) there was a large number of drivers that did their diligence in security check, and some issue, be it the Background Check firm, or LYFTs own Toronto Operations team, dropped the ball in a serious way and caused a lot of havoc for some drivers.

The the best of my knowledge, this may happen again, and the LYFT Toronto Team continues to demonstrate incompetence and indifference in this regard.

Use this thread to indicate whether or not you have had a problem. Hopefully the LYFT team is reading this, and actually attempts some sort of communication strategy with its drivers to at least set expectations going forward.
As always lyft goes the extra distance to make sure their dog has no issues. My PTC is valid till Dec 2020 :smiles:

Chaisomosa

My renewal was in September and it went smoothly.

Speedy_Gonzales

Only issue I have with lyft is: my passport expires this month and they want me to send them proof of work eligibility before it expires. Are they insane? I gave them my SIN number and passport as proof of work eligibility in Canada. Now they want me to renew my passport. Although I will renew it either way, why are they in need of proof? Fools!

Gone_in_60_seconds

Only issue I have with lyft is: my passport expires this month and they want me to send them proof of work eligibility before it expires. Are they insane? I gave them my SIN number and passport as proof of work eligibility in Canada. Now they want me to renew my passport. Although I will renew it either way, why are they in need of proof? Fools!
Not sure, maybe you could have been stripped of your citizenship? Or you renounced it? LOL.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tax write off if it is needed to do your job!

Myxx

I'll find out very shortly... 2 years (Lyft) coming up next month

DriverMckiver

Yes I remember this issue being of concern to a few founding drivers last year. Very difficult to understand Lyft's seeming non-communication policy on this. I went to my documents page just to check on current status but it doesn't tell me anything. I'm a founding driver with my PTC inaugurated Dec.6, 2017 and valid through Dec.6, 2020. I don't trust their information, having shut me down for a couple of months last year. It could happen again this year.
ptc_LI (2).jpg

Kurt Halfyard

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes I remember this issue being of concern to a few founding drivers last year. Very difficult to understand Lyft's seeming non-communication policy on this. I went to my documents page just to check on current status but it doesn't tell me anything. I'm a founding driver with my PTC inaugurated Dec.6, 2017 and valid through Dec.6, 2020. I don't trust their information, having shut me down for a couple of months last year. It could happen again this year.
View attachment 377280
The one driver who I know of that has already been shut down in 2019 also had a September 2020 date on her PTU document, but the App nevertheless locked her out with a PTC issue. This is a something I blame on the incompetence of the local operations office.

RideshareDog

Beware dog. In light of what happened last year a 2020 expiration date doesn't mean much.:confusion:
PTC is given out yearly so since it's not expiring in Dec 2019 they have renewed it. So that's 2x without any problems. So I can assume next Nov will be the same cuz I'm their dog :smiles: gotta make sure the dog is online lol
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 377280
U can trust that card.

uber_from_the north

Use this thread to indicate whether or not you have had a problem.
Mine went smoothly last time. We'll figure out this coming 2020 for my renewal if there will be problems.

Hopefully the LYFT team is reading this, and actually attempts some sort of communication strategy with its drivers to at least set expectations going forward.
Yeah hopefully someone from lyft can read this and match their pay with uber.

giphy2.gif

epcjay

Citizenship card or birth certificate should do?

Anyways mine went though fine...October 2019