Lyft Primetime

MoneyMitch

EDD17B01-057F-4E02-A36C-DEEA09F3913B.png
As of late, I’ve seen posts on UP about missing Lyft primetime in Jersey and ironically something crazy happened today. All of NJ was lit up (including seaside heights this afternoon).

This is what Lyft primetime looked like around 5pm today (see screenshot). Is it just me or was it some strange occurrence (with all of the spots around the state lit up).

I have never seen this happen before (especially on a Monday afternoon). Does anyone know what happened?

FlyingFortress

Author
We have a mole on our forum!
WHAT? Moles? Hell, we have many, OMG. This is a public forum and anyone with a pulse — or a payoff from Da Man, can join. Think of this as the "Man[Woman] Who Never Was..." Let's say you're able to game the TNCs by a dollar a day... they're going for that big IPO payday and they will sell their sisters to recover that dollar. Whatever gaming we reveal here hurts all of us beyond words. Look at the job boards, the TNCs are spending a fortune to recruit newbies who will drink the Kool Aid for 3 months... that's all the TNCs need. As has been posted here by others, as long as they have an unending supply of newbies who will lease the cars and work 12-hour shifts, 7 days, it's their bat and ball and their rules. So know this everytime you play.

Cheeetah

I'm still scratching my head about the 0/27 challenge at 5:03PM. You waiting for the entire map to light up Tuesday morning?

MoneyMitch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
okay, first off I’m not some newbie driver. I’ve been doing this gig for over three years now. I was on the fence about posting the screenshot, as I thought it was a Lyft wide glitch. I understand that I could have given away some hotspots which is why I am taking down the screenshot after making this post.

We have a mole on our forum!
I’ve heard many talk about ants but never about moles so this is a first for me. Judging from your posts Pax collector, it seems like you have nothing better to do but to skip around different forums and bash someone who thought to make an innocent post. Stick to your own coast, or are the liberals and homeless too much for you?

WHAT? Moles? Hell, we have many, OMG. This is a public forum and anyone with a pulse — or a payoff from Da Man, can join. Think of this as the "Man[Woman] Who Never Was..." Let's say you're able to game the TNCs by a dollar a day... they're going for that big IPO payday and they will sell their sisters to recover that dollar. Whatever gaming we reveal here hurts all of us beyond words. Look at the job boards, the TNCs are spending a fortune to recruit newbies who will drink the Kool Aid for 3 months... that's all the TNCs need. As has been posted here by others, as long as they have an unending supply of newbies who will lease the cars and work 12-hour shifts, 7 days, it's their bat and ball and their rules. So know this everytime you play.
I get it, but I was just posting something that I’ve never seen in the Jersey market before. Don’t judge me, but I’m working just as hard as you guys

I'm still scratching my head about the 0/27 challenge at 5:03PM. You waiting for the entire map to light up Tuesday morning?
Did you not read my original post? I said that the map lit up around 5pm so I took the screenshot then and continued about my day before posting. And I was starting off my week.

Pax Collector

I’ve heard many talk about ants but never about moles so this is a first for me. Judging from your posts Pax collector, it seems like you have nothing better to do but to skip around different forums and bash someone who thought to make an innocent post. Stick to your own coast, or are the liberals and homeless too much for you?
No need to get panties in a bunch over a simple comment.

Bash? How was that bashing, exactly?

LüberInLyft

okay, first off I’m not some newbie driver. I’ve been doing this gig for over three years now. I was on the fence about posting the screenshot, as I thought it was a Lyft wide glitch.
Not exactly a glitch. You've been driving for over 3 years so I'm sure you're well aware that primetime exists even if not showing on the driver app. If they showed primetime like uber shows surge, that's what the map would look like.

MoneyMitch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No need to get panties in a bunch over a simple comment.

Bash? How was that bashing, exactly?
I was taken back by your original post. I over reacted (simple as that)

Not exactly a glitch. You've been driving for over 3 years so I'm sure you're well aware that primetime exists even if not showing on the driver app. If they showed primetime like uber shows surge, that's what the map would look like.
Yes this is true, but I still never saw that before. (Why would there be surge in Seaside Heights on a Monday afternoon at 5pm?). Ironically, the map was a foreshadowing of what would happen later in the week in Jersey.