Lyft prime time

eclipse3256

So can someone explain why does lyft always say prime time 25-100,150,200 %
Never one specific percentage. What is it ? Lol 25 or 150?

FARIS

Because it depends on the area ur in and the darker the ponk is more also I guess to steal money from us

Skyhakw2472

So can someone explain why does lyft always say prime time 25-100,150,200 %
Never one specific percentage. What is it ? Lol 25 or 150?
It's the same thing with Uber when it says 1.25 - 3.0x surge when you see that little blue banner at the top when you are in another app. They give you the range because they want you to go hunting for the surge or prime time rates so that they can lower the surge and prime time as you get closer because now they have more cars in the area and can drop the rates to poverty levels. The problem is you have to search around the map for the colors and see where the higher fares are, which many times are nowhere near where you are at the time. Unless it is a sporting event, or concert or another event with tons of people then you know the surge and prime time usually go away quickly.

Now with the summer slow down pricing with Lyft we are sure to see more prime time on the map as many more drivers will be turning off the app during non peak times. Then again maybe not.

reg barclay

I won't be turning Lyft on anytime soon now that they have dropped the rates to .86 cents..
I understand not giving the lyft app preferential treatment but why not still do both? The only difference I can think of is going to NYC (with the $20 toll etc).

SurgeorSuckit

I understand not giving the lyft app preferential treatment but why not still do both? The only difference I can think of is going to NYC (with the $20 toll etc).
I'm a part timer and really just do surge rides in north jersey. I would sometimes drive for Lyft when Uber wasn't surging since it was a little more per mile (1.10), plus tip function. Now that its .85, I won't unless I see a big PrimeTime area. But that's just me.

UberYanNJ

Hey, apperantly Lyft now lets NYC drivers see if it's a Prime Time fare, has anyone seen this in NJ? This is a good thing since Lyft passengers ALWAYS try to duck prime time fares.
LYFT does not restrict your access to the app when in NYC so when I drop off I can immediately see if there is PT in NJ.

I give LYFT preferential treatment for 2 reasons.

1. TIP
2. Power Bonus