Lyft - Pinged Away from Love Field

SteveGo

Today I was waiting in the designated area at Love field. I had both Uber and Lyft apps online. I got a ping on Lyft, but the pax was not in the airport. He was in a not so nearby neighborhood in the Oak Lawn area.

I thought there was a FIFO queue that you entered when you got on airport grounds, and you were waiting your turn for a pax to request you. Is that only Uber?

Does anyone know how the dispatch works for Lyft at Love Field? Getting pinged away from the airport for a $4.00 ride not interesting.

andaas

I've had the opposite happen to me on Uber; I was well outside of the FIFO queue area for DAL, and received a ping for a pickup.

SteveGo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also got a ping for a Lyft pickup while outside the airport last week. I am thinking that there was no one on the airport premises to take the request, so they just found the nearest driver.

But pulling me out of the airport and into a neighborhood must have meant there were no other Lyft drivers closer out side the airport.

So I guess it is a FIFO unless they want it to be otherwise.

KMANDERSON

I also got a ping for a Lyft pickup while outside the airport last week. I am thinking that there was no one on the airport premises to take the request, so they just found the nearest driver.

But pulling me out of the airport and into a neighborhood must have meant there were no other Lyft drivers closer out side the airport.

So I guess it is a FIFO unless they want it to be otherwise.
Same thing always happens to me when I'm near love field always get a ping to go inside but still going through the vehicle inspection will do that next week.Not worth the it to get a ticket so I just take the acceptance hit