Lyft Personal Power Zones

indydriver68

That’s why I refuse to take a lyft ride and just let the counter run down couple times then cancel one and repeat in between Uber rides. Anything to slow Lyft’s platform down. Since it tells us that we are downgrading the platform every time we decline or let it expire lol. The only thing that would be more satisfying is to know for certain which rides to take that Lyft would lose money on. But since knowing that is next to impossible every time I’ll just stick with slowing down the platform 30 seconds at time. Lol. Don’t think it will be too awful for the riders if they have to wait an extra 30 seconds to be paired to a driver that is 20 Minutes away that won’t come get them either and maybe they will switch to Uber and once Lyft realizes it sucks and is losing riders maybe they will quit screwing the drivers??? Doubtful but here’s to hoping 30 seconds at a time lol

EBALLA21

Got in a power zone today, counter got up to $7.49 max bonus, sat there for 25 mins with no ride. Charge the PAX prime time, give the driver his "All New Personal Power Zone" which will be much less than said prime time % for PAX. Must be the reaction to a failing stock price.

SubaruLegacy

Got in a power zone today, counter got up to $7.49 max bonus, sat there for 25 mins with no ride. Charge the PAX prime time, give the driver his "All New Personal Power Zone" which will be much less than said prime time % for PAX. Must be the reaction to a failing stock price.

FYI once you hit the max the bonus is sticky, as long as you don't decline a ride or go offline you can drive to a spot that actually has demand.
lol for that matter, whenever I get a PPZ I quickly drive to wherever I think the LEAST demand will be until I hit the maximum.

The weird thing about the PPZ is the algorithms seem to suck so far, they seem to be completely random. I've gotten them when there is almost no demand and tons of drivers. And other times there's been a 12 minute wait in the busiest neighborhoods at closing time and still no PPZ.

New2This

Apologies to those who have seen my rant before but I think this is something every Lyft driver should know.

Personal Power Zones are a cash grab by Lyft pure and simple. As others have said they're charging riders PT and giving drivers next to nothing.

I have an app that shows PT on Lyft. I did some experiments.

Lyft will be charging riders PT:

PPZ1A.jpg

But giving drivers nothing. The yellow/orange is NOT PT but just base rides:

PPZ1B.jpg

Lyft continues to charge riders PT:

PPZ2A.jpg

Occasionally they'll throw a few pennies to the drivers:

PPZ2B.jpg

Another example of Lyft charging riders PT:

PPZ3A.jpg

And throwing drivers pennies:

PPZ 3B.jpg

If drivers really want to hurt Lyft, leave your app on and let every ping time out. It causes massive problems with Lyft's reliability.

It takes 15 seconds for a ping to expire, plus the time to redistribute it. If 4 drivers let a ping expire that's one whole minute. To the ADHD millenial snowflakes that's a LONG time. For Becca trying to get to her SoulCycle class that's an eternity.

Doing my part for the IPO. GFY Lyft

EBALLA21

Apologies to those who have seen my rant before but I think this is something every Lyft driver should know.

Personal Power Zones are a cash grab by Lyft pure and simple. As others have said they're charging riders PT and giving drivers next to nothing.

View attachment 316913

View attachment 316912

View attachment 316915

View attachment 316914

View attachment 316916

View attachment 316911

If drivers really want to hurt Lyft, leave your app on and let every ping time out. It causes massive problems with Lyft's reliability.

It takes 15 seconds for a ping to expire, plus the time to redistribute it. If 4 drivers let a ping expire that's one whole minute. To the ADHD millenial snowflakes that's a LONG time. For Becca trying to get to her SoulCycle class that's an eternity.

Unfortunately I got a couple immediate bills to pay or else I'd be off Lyft. Got an exciting job interview on Tuesday, I am praying to be off of this Lyft platform once and for all. Grab this job, grab some LYFT Put options in the market and let the rides ping out over and over.

BeansnRice

That’s why I refuse to take a lyft ride and just let the counter run down couple times then cancel one and repeat in between Uber rides. Anything to slow Lyft’s platform down. Since it tells us that we are downgrading the platform every time we decline or let it expire lol. The only thing that would be more satisfying is to know for certain which rides to take that Lyft would lose money on. But since knowing that is next to impossible every time I’ll just stick with slowing down the platform 30 seconds at time. Lol. Don’t think it will be too awful for the riders if they have to wait an extra 30 seconds to be paired to a driver that is 20 Minutes away that won’t come get them either and maybe they will switch to Uber and once Lyft realizes it sucks and is losing riders maybe they will quit screwing the drivers??? Doubtful but here’s to hoping 30 seconds at a time lol
Sounds like a personal strike.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 316913

View attachment 316912

View attachment 316915

View attachment 316914

View attachment 316916

View attachment 316911

Who is focusing on $1 pink zone?

EBALLA21

So I got a ride in queue today and when it popped up during my ride, it said 25% primetime, just like it used to. Of course when I dropped them off, I got the minimum fare of $3.. no primetime... seems Lyft still has some work to do with their app on the whole hiding primetime from its drivers, further proving them F****** us.

Buckeye1982

Lyft really pulled a fast one with this PPZ scam. Riders still paying the same, DRIVERS making WAY less.
I am old enough to not get surprised but I must admit the PPZ is pretty shocking/brazen. I only drive Saturday nights and this past Saturday was my first night under the "PPZ" program. On one of the busiest weekends in my city I made about 40% less than I made prior to "PPZ"
Looks like "PPZ" stands for Please Pay Z Stockholders.

Buckeye1982

OK. I have been a Phoenix Lyft driver for 2 years now and I want to share some thoughts with the new personal impotent zones. Lyft states, "We have listened and made improvements..." -First off let me stop there. Who did they listen to? Was it one driver complaining? I tend to believe they were listening to the Board and majority shareholders who are demanding more profit. -Second...improvements? Bahaha. I am basing my thoughts on spending a week with the PPZ. I accepted every ride for fairness. My findings in the app are this:
  • In the rider payment breakdowns over the week Lyft is making 32% MORE than the average over the last month.
  • They said in their "test market" drivers were making more bonuses. Where did they test market and I have written to see those test results...have not heard back. My average bonus amounts over the last 6 months on JUST Friday and Sat were $37 each friday and each saturday $75 combined. This weekend with the PPZ, my bonus total was $13.38...that is the TOTAL folks.
  • I had two rides where I had to travel over 13 miles avg last night (Sat) just to pick up and go about 6 miles for the ride itself. One was at 2:17am the other at 3:02am. The 3:02am had me travel ACROSS ASU and into Scottsdale (16.2 miles total) and when pinged it said "100% Prime Time"...weird since there is no PT. On the breakdown I made $4.60 for the ride, no tip..and a $2 adjustment for how far I had to go. So I made just $4.60 in fare and Lyft got paid...$21.76.
  • Sure Lyft still charges the customer for PT/Surge but I got ZERO bonus.
I used to put in 10 or more hours on a fri/sat night and easily clear no less than $160 with about 35-50% PT rides...this weekend my total pay WITH tips was $132 TOTAL.

Welcome to the new and improved Lyft where the drivers are forced to turn off their apps to search for a PPZ while the customers wait time increases and increases. Congratulations Lyft share owners for finding a way to stress out drivers, lower customer service and increase demand with less drivers on the weekend.
Saturday night was my first experience with PPZ. WOW. It is shocking how much money Lyft has taken from drivers! I called Lyft Sunday to find out if participation was voluntary to be in the NEW PPZ program. Spoke to a rep reading from a script who did tell me they have taken a "VERY large amount of calls about PPZ" Appear to me that Lyft is using driver money to prop up revenue for the new stockholders.

BeansnRice

Saturday night was my first experience with PPZ. WOW. It is shocking how much money Lyft has taken from drivers! I called Lyft Sunday to find out if participation was voluntary to be in the NEW PPZ program. Spoke to a rep reading from a script who did tell me they have taken a "VERY large amount of calls about PPZ" Appear to me that Lyft is using driver money to prop up revenue for the new stockholders.
Look how much you pay in platform fees every month.
I pat $800-$1000 per month working full time.
WTF?

TomTheAnt

Hit my first PPZ this morning. Maxed out at a whopping $2.89. On a $5.01 trip it was attached to, that amouneds to almost 60% in the old PT terms. LOL!!! :roflmao:

Guyinbp

They tend to lose money in pools as much as they suck to drive. When I am in a bad mood I accept one the. Follow all traffic rules. I don’t cut around to get on the highway faster, go the speed limit, stop at all yellow lights, etc... I don’t care about 1 stars as I don’t get them much. Sometime I’ll make wrong turns by “accident” get more distance and time, I’ve actually become a better driver now with their new car pay structure, less risk of accidents as I drive the rules

Eener

I’ve seen my PPZ last week, don’t know what I did to see it.. can someone please explain to me how it works and when does it pop up? Are their certain requirements to meet daily to see the PPV’s??

Christina Green

FYI once you hit the max the bonus is sticky, as long as you don't decline a ride or go offline you can drive to a spot that actually has demand.
lol for that matter, whenever I get a PPZ I quickly drive to wherever I think the LEAST demand will be until I hit the maximum.

The weird thing about the PPZ is the algorithms seem to suck so far, they seem to be completely random. I've gotten them when there is almost no demand and tons of drivers. And other times there's been a 12 minute wait in the busiest neighborhoods at closing time and still no PPZ.
I wonder if the PPZ is to actually keep you from going to where it’s actually busy so they can keep the neighboring area surging longer. Just a thought.

mi4johns

The lyft map here on Las Vegas on weekend nights is hilarious: the entire strip & Fremont street is dark orange, almost brown because drivers aren't bothering to pickup the drunk tourists for base rates.

EDC has been a complete meltdown this year: thousands of pax who would of been picked up with even a half-decent Prime Time left stranded because why would any driver with half a brain bother?

MsKia

Lyft really pulled a fast one with this PPZ scam. Riders still paying the same, DRIVERS making WAY less.
I am old enough to not get surprised but I must admit the PPZ is pretty shocking/brazen. I only drive Saturday nights and this past Saturday was my first night under the "PPZ" program. On one of the busiest weekends in my city I made about 40% less than I made prior to "PPZ"
Looks like "PPZ" stands for Please Pay Z Stockholders.
I sent this to Lyft. Every driver should send something similar. I also reached out to a journalist who was covering drivers causing fake surges. I got no reply from Lyft, of course, but we should all make them aware that we know we are being screwed. If anyone has any media contacts, it’s a story that I think someone would cover.

Dear Lyft
I am so unhappy with your move to stop paying prime time rates. The personal power zones are a joke for XL drivers especially. $5 extra dollars on a trip that I used make $10-100 extra on?????? You can keep telling us that this change is for us, but it’s not. I can guarantee you that people like me will not drive near big events or when the bars get out at base rate while Lyft is still charging the passengers the higher rate.
I drive for Uber too like many do. I am a 5 star driver on both platforms. I am the type of driver you want to retain. You are pushing me the other direction though. It makes me very sad because I have always chosen to be a passenger with Lyft but I will also switch over to Uber because if I’m going to pay double the normal fare leaving a bar, I at least want the driver to be compensated. Shame on you!!!!!!
I know reaching out is likely useless and I will likely just get a canned response, but I wanted to at least express my extreme frustration. Lyft should at least grandfather those of us who have been driving for years. If newer drivers never experience getting paid prime they won’t miss it but those of us who have stuck around for years deserve better.

BeansnRice

I sent this to Lyft. Every driver should send something similar. I also reached out to a journalist who was covering drivers causing fake surges. I got no reply from Lyft, of course, but we should all make them aware that we know we are being screwed. If anyone has any media contacts, it’s a story that I think someone would cover.

Dear Lyft
I am so unhappy with your move to stop paying prime time rates. The personal power zones are a joke for XL drivers especially. $5 extra dollars on a trip that I used make $10-100 extra on?????? You can keep telling us that this change is for us, but it’s not. I can guarantee you that people like me will not drive near big events or when the bars get out at base rate while Lyft is still charging the passengers the higher rate.
I drive for Uber too like many do. I am a 5 star driver on both platforms. I am the type of driver you want to retain. You are pushing me the other direction though. It makes me very sad because I have always chosen to be a passenger with Lyft but I will also switch over to Uber because if I’m going to pay double the normal fare leaving a bar, I at least want the driver to be compensated. Shame on you!!!!!!
I know reaching out is likely useless and I will likely just get a canned response, but I wanted to at least express my extreme frustration. Lyft should at least grandfather those of us who have been driving for years. If newer drivers never experience getting paid prime they won’t miss it but those of us who have stuck around for years deserve better.

Someone will be using this letter to show they’ve been doing their job!

I think you may have raised someone’s pay by 150%.