• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft personal power zones info plz

Riser

Hello,
I just received the dreadful email that I will soon be receiving the personal power zone instead of good old prime time which I've been taking serious advantage of for the last three weeks or so.

1. How does the personal power zone work?
  2. How long does it last vs prime time?
  3. Will I make more or less money?
  4. What are some good tips to make the best of it?
Thanks in advanced!

Ishurue

Idk on old primetime .

But the power zones are really stupid and super rare compared to ubers surge .

Power zone you drive into the area that is highlighted on app,

Once you drive in it and say its $2 zone.

Your next ride will be bonus 2$ , not sure if it adjusts on longer rides but prolly does.

Say you in power zone and then it suddenly ends, your next ride will have the bonus .

As far as income goes idk vs prime time
But can only assume its pay raise on those $3.75 rides .

Riser

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for replying. Doesn't sound good at all.
What about shared, if I pick the first person say at $3 bonus and I end up with four people for an hour, do I only get $3 bonus or do each additional add-ons give another $3?

E30addixt

Thanks for replying. Doesn't sound good at all.
What about shared, if I pick the first person say at $3 bonus and I end up with four people for an hour, do I only get $3 bonus or do each additional add-ons give another $3?
You just get one measly bonus. Decline the shared and the PZ might go away. Accept any ride and they tend to redispatch you too. They'll either add a shared ride instead or throw you a long way out of the city so you won't be in a hot area anymore. PZ doesn't work on destination filter either.

They suck and this is a huge reason why they're hurting for good drivers again.

Tysmith95

PZ is absolutely terrible if you're someone who uses both apps. You open the app in say Cambridge, but take an Uber trip instead. Then when you're downtown 20 mins later you'll still see a power zone in Cambridge, but downtown Boston where a bruins game is getting out has no PT

jazzapt

I am still on the old PT. Hope they never change. Seems to have too many rules. Uber’s model seems much better.

As much as I would love to have multipliers back, you can have some fun with the Uber surge. This morning is an example. The city was clear of surge and I was driving behind another Uber driver coming back from the airport going to my usual waiting spot. As we get to Storrow, all of the sudden a $3.75 surge popped up in the Back Bay. Being on Storrow tacked on $1. But I took the Copley exit and that tacked on $3. The Uber driver in front of me did exactly the same.

Then we both promptly took the right on to Berkeley st and got back on Storrow, bringing the $3 with us to our waiting spots.

I know it’s only $3, but it's better than nothing. I don’t know if Lyft’s PZ would work this way, but I would guess it doesn’t.

E30addixt

But if the box move, you retain the amount correct?
You have to be in the box to get it. If the box goes away entirely, then they pay whatever you had on your screen. At least that's how it was when I first had it. I rarely use Lyft at this point. It has to be super conveneint for me to take a Lyft trip so they might have changed a few things at this point.

Agreed, new system is making Lyft just like Uber. No way this benefits anyone except Lyft. On top of that, it is confusing. I have App open right now and there are shades of yellow, orange and darker orange. However, no money figure associated with anything. So while it is clear where the higher demand is, this explains nothing on the bonus.

In general, totally screws the driver. I emailed them with this example.
How is this better for me. Here's a typical case for me. Let's say I pick someone in D.C. at 5:30. In the old system, let's say it's a 50% prime Time. Now let's say they are going from downtown D.C. to Reston. In the old system, let's say I would have gotten $22 for the ride. I would get $33 based on the 50% surge. Under new system, even with $6.50 bonus, i will be getting $28.50
Question 3. Please explain in that example how this is better for driver?

If there is anyone on this forum who thinks this is better for drivers, please enlighten me.

john1975

The power zones are another reason to not drive for lyft. When you first get them they are great but now I rarely see them and it doesn’t really match up with demand. For example Uber will be surging and maybe 15% of that time I get lyft surge. I’ve only done a handful of lyft rides the last few months. The new power zones along with uneven late promotions are the main reasons. The only benefit to driving for lyft over Uber is that you will get more pings. But you will make less money.

B - uberlyftdriver

the lyft app was glitching last night after midnight when the new power zone thing was supposed to kick in for me
i took a 100% prime-time ride and they paid me a $6 dollar" bonus" which was half of what it should have been

yeah thanks for another pay cut and another money grab for them
Post automatically merged:

one ride is all it took to see this is BULL &&&&

B - uberlyftdriver

Lyft could have not followed in uber's footsteps for these recent changes and gained an edge in driver loyalty but instead they followed their big brother like a stray dog.

with a crappier version that will ultimately mess up there ability to give rides to the community,LMAO

BostonTaxiDriver

the lyft app was glitching last night after midnight when the new power zone thing was supposed to kick in for me
i took a 100% prime-time ride and they paid me a $6 dollar" bonus" which was half of what it should have been

yeah thanks for another pay cut and another money grab for them
Post automatically merged:

one ride is all it took to see this is BULL &&&&
I've had had quite a few 100%, 150%, and a few 200% primetimes on Lyft since after the first week in January (when some students and biz pax came back, coupled with a few nights of bitterly cold windchill helped).

I can't envision getting even a decent 75% much at Logan now with the personal power zones. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Yet...it seems some drivers can and do still show healthy Lyft earnings since the PPZ was introduced?