Lyft Passenger assaulted in Cambridge

Mendez84

i would expected this from Uber not lyft , but i guess both companies are running with bad drivers and fake identities , it just sucks for us the good and respected ones who do this work for both platforms

GoGreen

Not a lot of info in that article, so I'm not sure what exactly happened. But obviously get rid of him if he outright assaulted someone for no reason.

NewEnglander

The article is useless. They could have gotten into an argument and it was a verbal assault. The driver might have had to remove the passenger from the car and that was assault or the driver may have actually hit them. From the story, we have no idea.

Hugh J

Agreed about the dashcam. Dashcams are solid proof, especially if there is audio.

There's not much to this story.
This reminds me of another story about a drunk girl getting into a taxi, she tries to wave a kebab in the driver's face then tries to give it to him. The driver refused and when they got to her stop she got into an argument with the driver. She claimed that he sexually assaulted her - turned out she lied, and now will serve some time. She was in school to become a cop but that dream is over for her.

E30addixt

Wcvb has the same bullshit story as well though. Absolutely nothing of substance, just a sensationalist headline.

PrestonT

Agreed about the dashcam. Dashcams are solid proof, especially if there is audio.

There's not much to this story.
This reminds me of another story about a drunk girl getting into a taxi, she tries to wave a kebab in the driver's face then tries to give it to him. The driver refused and when they got to her stop she got into an argument with the driver. She claimed that he sexually assaulted her - turned out she lied, and now will serve some time. She was in school to become a cop but that dream is over for her.

Almost correct. She threw a ten pound not at him that was soaked with kebab juice after he wouldn't accept it for religious reasons. She will serve several years' time, unless a sentence in UK means the same as it does in US. In that case, she'll be out in a few months.

Ubermakesmewet

Almost correct. She threw a ten pound not at him that was soaked with kebab juice after he wouldn't accept it for religious reasons. She will serve several years' time, unless a sentence in UK means the same as it does in US. In that case, she'll be out in a few months.

That sux, there's truly ass-like passangers roaming around this world.

BostonTaxiDriver

Wcvb has the same bullshit story as well though. Absolutely nothing of substance, just a sensationalist headline.
Just not "fare" (okay, fair in this context) to a rideshare company or a cab company to even publish anything like this. So now if I tell Ch. 7 that my Uber car smelled of pot and/or vomit, they'll quickly generate a little story for that also?