Lyft overtaking Uber

Rockydrive

Lyft is literally killing Uber in downtown toronto.Its more like 5-6 lyft pings to one Uber ping or None. The surge pricing and all the shady acts have caught up with Uber plus the tech and money savvy Millenials have taken notice of Lyft IPO it seems.

Meanwhile suburbs are still more or less Uber playground yet Lyft lyft is making steady inroads in Mississauga and Oakville.

Brampton,the city of Pool is not so favourable for Lyft but then again with the Lyft 5$ bonus every bramtoners (Bramptonistes?) are taking advantage of it.

Airport is also better suited for Lyft drivers because of less rematch. If you get a ride to the airport then it better be on Uber cos 7 out of 10 times you will get a rematch.

XL is still an Uber game.Its more like 10XLs in Uber to one in Lyft(that’s an actual number based on recent research..wink).

So what’s causing this shift in pattern? Pax thinking Lyft is a better service? Uber’s stinky past catching up with them?
Lyft definitely isn’t cheaper so it must be something else. Lyft is still giving out ride challenges and streak bonus so even drivers are quite alright with them.

Rockydrive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t know about that.Since the IPO it’s been a shift or maybe there was shift earlier which I didn’t notice.

Gone_in_60_seconds

Lyft is literally killing Uber in downtown toronto.Its more like 5-6 lyft pings to one Uber ping or None. The surge pricing and all the shady acts have caught up with Uber plus the tech and money savvy Millenials have taken notice of Lyft IPO it seems.

Meanwhile suburbs are still more or less Uber playground yet Lyft lyft is making steady inroads in Mississauga and Oakville.

Brampton,the city of Pool is not so favourable for Lyft but then again with the Lyft 5$ bonus every bramtoners (Bramptonistes?) are taking advantage of it.

Airport is also better suited for Lyft drivers because of less rematch. If you get a ride to the airport then it better be on Uber cos 7 out of 10 times you will get a rematch.

XL is still an Uber game.Its more like 10XLs in Uber to one in Lyft(that’s an actual number based on recent research..wink).

So what’s causing this shift in pattern? Pax thinking Lyft is a better service? Uber’s stinky past catching up with them?
Lyft definitely isn’t cheaper so it must be something else. Lyft is still giving out ride challenges and streak bonus so even drivers are quite alright with them.
Umm, you fail to understand, the intensity of the demand is dependent on the discounts each rideshare company is offering. Last 2 weeks Lyft has offered $4 /ride discount and Uber offered no promos. This is the reason for your observations above.

Rockydrive

Lyft was offering discounts all the time. Never did they overtake Uber.lyft pickups are closer too. There is a big change in trend and I think you are failing to Notice it. With it without discounts Lyft is becoming the go to service in DT now.

Aj-uber

I keep destination on from home
Not to come off like a jerk but 309 in 24hrs online? That’s pretty depressing mate.
i think 5 hours probably on destination from and to home n 2.5 hours i got stuck in shitter due to streak bonus. But its pretty depressing i know.

NORMY

Not to come off like a jerk but 309 in 24hrs online? That’s pretty depressing mate.
Umm not it's not , he working from home . I
Post automatically merged:

This is how most veteran drivers operate like a doctor on call
Post automatically merged:

Let rocky drive service the $5 lyft pax

Rockydrive

Veteran drivers.....I like it.Feels like I’m back at comedy club.

Sitting at home or not waiting for a call, once you r out you are out like everyone else. U don’t have control over 5$ rides or 45$ rides unless you guys, the Veteran drivers, have figured out some magical system. If the Veteran driver goes out once then he will be sitting around or driving around for pings.He is not gonna go back home and wait it out.Dont tell me that’s the strategy Veteran drivers follow. Veteran drivers ..... lol I like it.

NORMY

Sitting at home or not waiting for a call, once you r out you are out like everyone else. U don’t have control over 5$ rides or 45$ rides unless you guys, the Veteran drivers, have figured out some magical system. If the Veteran driver goes out once then he will be sitting around or driving around for pings.He is not gonna go back home and wait it out.Dont tell me that’s the strategy Veteran drivers follow. Veteran drivers ..... lol I like it.
Umm yes we have figured out a magical system that we sure as hell not gonna share with you

Rockydrive

Umm yes we have figured out a magical system that we sure as hell not gonna share with you
Can you define veteran driver? Someone with more than 5000 rides? Or driver who is over 50years of age?

Actionjax

Yes it's called UberPrime. do a search on here and you will figure out what service that is for long haul drives. :smiles:

viren007

Bramptonians.. How do you miss that?

Lyft is busier in downtown and I noticed that for the whole month of March.

I could be wrong but I think it has to do with their time and distance pricing versus Uber's upfront pricing. Lyft ends up being cheaper for small trips versus long trips.

Plus I think lyft has no Algo or the one they have is bare minimum lol. Uber's Algo is learning based.

This is me though.