Lyft Orlando express drive will be 36.5 cents per mile effective 4/29

I was notified that lyft express drive in Orlando will be cut 10 cents per mile. This will make it 36.5 cents per mile to drive in Orlando. I had a passenger yesterday that told me that Lyft sent him an offer to have 50% off his next 6 rides.Lyft is taking money from the drivers to give out discounts and offer huge bonuses to new drivers. I think it’s time to pack it in.

smarternotharder

your fault for accepting express or pool rides, if you tell the algo please sir can i have another, its show you how low it can go

scabs are supposed to make double uber lyft figured out how to get scabs to pay to work so evil & brilliant

stopped feeling sorry for math flunkie scabs 3+ years ago when i went to xl only & permanently opted out of pool because its illegal

tldr
dont want pool rides dont accept them

smarternotharder

It has nothing to do with cost of the rental. We are getting a reduction in pay 10 cents per mile. Instead of us making 46.5 cents per mile we are gonna get paid 36.5 cents per mile
why are you renting a $300 corolla for $1000+ a month or 80+ rides a week? uber lyft knows to take advantage of you because your credit sucks & youre financially ignorant its a trap

JimKE

It has nothing to do with cost of the rental. We are getting a reduction in pay 10 cents per mile. Instead of us making 46.5 cents per mile we are gonna get paid 36.5 cents per mile
It sounds like you're all cranky about something you don't understand at all. I'm all in favor of criticizing Lyft -- it's a POS company. But either you have no clue what you are talking about, or you are explaining it very poorly.

Boca Ratman

It sounds like you're all cranky about something you don't understand at all. I'm all in favor of criticizing Lyft -- it's a POS company. But either you have no clue what you are talking about, or you are explaining it very poorly.
The rates are being cut drivers will make less.

JimKE

The rates are being cut drivers will make less.
I guess you're right and OP is just not explaining it well. They must be talking about the NET pay a driver receives after Lyft deducts the rental payment -- but that is NOT at all what they said. But if they are doing 85 rides a week (that's a year's worth of rides for me on Lyft, lol!), and still paying $107 per week, they are really getting screwed.

The fix would be to try to buy an older used car in good condition and use that. Uber and Lyft both recently increased the vehicle age to 15 years in the Orlando market (and Miami), so OP should be able to find something that works better financially than a high-priced rental.

Boca Ratman

They must be talking about the NET pay a driver receives after Lyft deducts the rental payment -- but that is NOT at all what they said. But if they are doing 85 rides a week (that's a year's worth of rides for me on Lyft, lol!), and still paying $107 per week, they are really getting screwed.

No, if you rent a car through the Lyft express program, you get a different and lower rate than if you use your own car.

smarternotharder

If you do 85 trips a week the rental comes out to $107 a week
and how much does doing 85 trips costs lol

so $400 a month plus 40+ hours a week to give 85 rides just for the privilege of renting a car

my lord
the next crash will be biblical hope folks prepared

havent given 85 rides a week in 4 years that would probably take 80+ hours lmao geez working full time just to rent a car

you do know for 400 a month you can own a car & not have to give anyone a ride ever right? or you just like making 320+ new friends every month?

Boca Ratman

So, if they are renting from Lyft, they're paying the rental PLUS they're only making $0.365 per mile? Nobody's that stupid...are they?

I thought same thing when uber cut rates there to 52/mile and 65 in Miami but people are still signing up daily. I thought surely nobody would drive in Detroit for .30/.30 mile/min who could be that dumb? but they did.

I try to not underestimate the stupidity of others yet I am continuity surprised when I witness the bar get lower.

I'm willing to bet all the cars will be Lyft express cars rented out next week.

@ 28 mpg it cost 10cents per mile for gas. 26.5 per mile after gas? They'd have to log almost 400 miles just to make the 100. payment. its borderline criminal

I was notified that lyft express drive in Orlando will be cut 10 cents per mile. This will make it 36.5 cents per mile to drive in Orlando. I had a passenger yesterday that told me that Lyft sent him an offer to have 50% off his next 6 rides.Lyft is taking money from the drivers to give out discounts and offer huge bonuses to new drivers. I think it’s time to pack it in.
did they raise the per minute?

2Cents

I talk to drivers all the time... and you know how many think they’re actually making money??? I’m at a point where I’m not even trying to educate drivers I meet.
I hate to say they get what they deserve but no one wants to meeet defeat. I will now refer to this as Rideshareholm Syndrome.
Post automatically merged:

ACC3E964-815D-46EF-A552-3E10BBD1A8A9.png

Before expenses is assuming you get your car cleaned. If you don’t or don’t have to pay to clean your vehicle then you’re at at cool .26 per mile after expenses.

Last edited:

Nats121

You understand what Lyft Express Drive is...right? It's Lyft's rental plan for drivers.

If they REDUCED the price of renting a car 10 cents, they LOWERED drivers' costs of driving. That's a good thing for drivers, not a bad thing.
Express drivers get LOWER PAY RATES than regular lyft drivers.

Lyft is cutting the Express pay rate from 46 cents per mile to 36 cents per mile.

Those are truly horrendous pay rates.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Dude...

Time to look into the uberTaxi or Uberblack provider if you want to get a car.

Mears Luxury
Mears Taxi

So far this week I've dropped $240 in taxi rentals to make over $700 in revenue IN TWO DAYS, with a personal PROFIT of over about $360 (IN TWO DAYS).

Tomorrow will be another $120 in taxi rentals for (i'm guessing) another $300-400 in revenue.

Taxi rentals are high, but the revenue returns are crazy good *compared to the taxi rental cost* and especially compared to uber/lyft returns.

36c a mile is 15%-20% of what i'm bringing in per mile driving a rented taxi.

Rates

UberTaxi- $1.72
Access Lnyx/medical accounts- $2.208
Taxi (flagged, stand, call in) at credit card rates- $2.304 per mile (plus tip)
Taxi (cash payers) $2.40 + tip

Yesterday i started at 4:00 am and had my taxi rental covered at 10:00 AM!