Lyft offer sux

"Want an extra $250? Give 60 Lyft rides between 5 AM today and 4:59 AM Tues. July 12, and you'll get a bonus. Check your email to see the details and opt in."

Neubridge1

Drivers are doomed if Lyft fold or sold...without competition fuber is liable to do anything to crush the rest of transportation services.

Neubridge1

Raising the fares would only drive more pax to uber... I can't see how lyft can win at this point,however there are still some loyal lyft customers,just not enough to supply the drivers who could decide to do lyft exclusively.

Brandon0315

Drivers are doomed if Lyft fold or sold...without competition fuber is liable to do anything to crush the rest of transportation services.
You took the words out of my mouth. Unfortunately, fell/sell is in the near future...I just home that Uber doesn't purchase Lyft.

Neubridge1

You took the words out of my mouth. Unfortunately, fell/sell is in the near future...I just home that Uber doesn't purchase Lyft.
That may be an option....sought of like Google maps and waze...you have to give the illusion of options,since waze is owned by google and is steadily bring stripped.....Uber owning lyft would be an option,due to there still being loyal lyft riders ...however drivers will still get screwed into the ground. All I see is blood in the water and the sharks are circling.

Txchick

Raising the fares would only drive more pax to uber... I can't see how lyft can win at this point,however there are still some loyal lyft customers,just not enough to supply the drivers who could decide to do lyft exclusively.
Majority of pax have no clue what the per mile rate is.

New2This

Lyft is also doing same shit on texts. No extra money, meanwhile Uber is 'opening their wallet'; I (& my bank account) are thanking them....
Screenshot_2016-06-29-23-53-08.png

New2This

Lyft closing up shop is the best for drivers, no more price war.
I'm afraid if Lyft folds Uber will stop the Metal Bonuses Incentives. They're pretty good.

Plus I'm averaging $100/week in Lyft referral fees to Uber pax that haven't used Lyft yet. Hate seeing that dry up

Neubridge1

Majority of pax have no clue what the per mile rate is.
They may not know what the per mile is...but they do know a cheap ride and uber has done nothing but subsidize the pax in dc market,to drive them away from lyft...and they not coming back if the rates are raised.

Txchick

They may not know what the per mile is...but they do know a cheap ride and uber has done nothing but subsidize the pax in dc market,to drive them away from lyft...and they not coming back if the rates are raised.
Disagree with you, in the Dallas market they don't know & really don't care. Getting taxi's is some areas is difficult.

Txchick

Uber is going to have to raise rates to make money because currently they are not. They are subsidize's drivers (guarantees or platinum, silver, bronze. as well as passengers. Uber as of end of 2015 is still not making money. Article I posted was written in Jan 2016: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/01/17/uber-financials-revealed/

Neubridge1

Uber is going to have to raise rates to make money because currently they are not. They are subsidize's drivers (guarantees or platinum, silver, bronze. as well as passengers. Uber as of end of 2015 is still not making money. Article I posted was written in Jan 2016: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/01/17/uber-financials-revealed/
I really don't care if uber is losing money. ...my comments were in reference to lyft. However,who really knows the loses of uber,they are a private company....I do know that they have more investors money than lyft....thus the reason for the incentives.....but if you think they are going to raise rates when they are the last standing,well....we will wait and see.

Txchick

I really don't care if uber is losing money. ...my comments were in reference to lyft. However,who really knows the loses of uber,they are a private company....I do know that they have more investors money than lyft....thus the reason for the incentives.....but if you think they are going to raise rates when they are the last standing,well....we will wait and see.
Lyft could be looking for more investors. The company they hired does connect investors as well. They are going to have to raise rates to become profitable. They go public, their evaluation will tank. Facebook had to get profitable before they went public.