• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft NOT reimbursing for TOLLS via Transponder with Commercial Plates

DaveIn617

Starting on or around July 1st of 2018 Lyft does not reimburse drivers (with Commercial Plates) correctly for Tolls when using their transponder.
I drive for Lyft in Boston, MA and noticed that my Toll reimbursement was cut in half!!
After researching it I found that Lyft hasn't been charging the passengers for the Commercial rate of Tolls that they previously charged.
Example: January 1, 2018 Passenger charged $2.65 for Ted Williams Tunnel (Commercial Rate)
EZPass charged my account $2.65 Ted Williams Tunnel (Commercial)

July 1, 2018 Passenger charged $1.50 (non Commercial Rate) for Ted Williams Tunnel
EZPass charged my account $2.65 for Ted Williams Tunnel

So, everytime I pickup or drop off at the airport I lose $1.15!!
Called Lyft Support, they told me that they would only reimburse me for the last 30 days and that
I need to give them screen shots of each Toll. It's their program problem and nobody has listened!!
Has anyone else noticed this?
Can it be happening to Livery Plates too!!

William Fenton

I don't go on toll roads very often so I don't have a transponder but last time I had to drive on a toll road i was not reimbursed correctly. Lyft told me they only reimburse at the passenger car transponder rate.

kingcorey321

Starting on or around July 1st of 2018 Lyft does not reimburse drivers (with Commercial Plates) correctly for Tolls when using their transponder.
I drive for Lyft in Boston, MA and noticed that my Toll reimbursement was cut in half!!
After researching it I found that Lyft hasn't been charging the passengers for the Commercial rate of Tolls that they previously charged.
Example: January 1, 2018 Passenger charged $2.65 for Ted Williams Tunnel (Commercial Rate)

July 1, 2018 Passenger charged $1.50 (non Commercial Rate) for Ted Williams Tunnel

Called Lyft Support, they told me that they would only reimburse me for the last 30 days and that
I need to give them screen shots of each Toll. It's their program problem and nobody has listened!!
tell the pax they will need to pay for the cost of the toll or you will be forced to end the ride. this is what i do. i inform the pax they need to pay to toll both ways. if the pax gives me a hard time ill ask them to step out end the ride. everytime i do a toll not very often here the pax paid for them. usually its no more then 6 bucks total i am not paying for it i will not profit off the ride. the best business plan is to pass on these rides and wait for another if the pax refuses .

DaveIn617

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't go on toll roads very often so I don't have a transponder but last time I had to drive on a toll road i was not reimbursed correctly. Lyft told me they only reimburse at the passenger car transponder rate.
Bill, Thanks for the reply.

Ghwwe72

For awhile here in Boston they paid the commercial rate going to the airport. Now they pay the standard rate and if you pay the commercial rate you have to send Lyft proof that you pay commercial rates. Ridiculous if you ask me.

DaveIn617

For awhile here in Boston they paid the commercial rate going to the airport. Now they pay the standard rate and if you pay the commercial rate you have to send Lyft proof that you pay commercial rates. Ridiculous if you ask me.
Thanks for the input. It is ridiculous!! Lyft underpays on ALL Commercial Tolls, not just the Airport runs.

DaveIn617

It's a program problem that started in July and Customer Support doesn't want to hear about it.
We pay a Support Fee for each Ride... hmmmmm!!

nj2bos

Go through the Help option on each of these trips and tell them the toll rate is $2.65 and to have them reimburse you the difference. They have done it for me on 95% of my trips into Logan so far. The other 5% ask for receipts, but when I keep saying "another rep assured me this wouldn't happen again" they make the adjustment.

DaveIn617

MalikBrother Thanks for your reply

I did sit down and go thru one days tolls (screenshots and EZPass Statement for that day) and they will be crediting my account.
(it takes quite a bit of time to do each day BUT I want my money!!)
Lyft Support did say that they intend to fix it (but we will just have to wait and see).

See his note below:

Hi Dave!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can see that the toll was reimbursed in the amount of $7.50, and the updated price for this toll is $5.75. I have issued the difference manually. This bonus will reflect on your dashboard within the next 2-5 days.

We will have this updated in our system so it will reflect on upcoming rides.