• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft new rates?

Can at least one person justify driving for these new lower rates? If you can please explain. At these rates your basically donating your time, car and gas along with risking your life by being on the road all day for little to no profit. These rates are too low to assume all the risk that come along with being a rideshare driver. The job us too dangerous and the liability that we assume us too high for this pay. Please don't drive for these rates folks.

The sooner you realize we are just a cog in the wheel the better off you will be. Uber and Lyft already have more drivers on the road than they truly need with with more signing up daily. They couldn't care less if you stop driving for them. The fact that anyone drives for Lyft now blows my mind, Lyft cares so much about you they will help you repair your car if you are involved in an accident for the low fee of $2500.

UberXking

I'm wondering how many professional drivers on this site know the main reason U/L don't want to classify drivers as employees
It's extremely important that employee status is not acheived by drivers. Uber is willing to pay benefits, guarantee minimums treat drivers AS employees. Who here knows why?

DriverRI

I'm wondering how many professional drivers on this site know the main reason U/L don't want to classify drivers as employees
It's extremely important that employee status is not acheived by drivers. Uber is willing to pay benefits, guarantee minimums treat drivers AS employees. Who here knows why?
🤔💰💵💰

workers compensation, liability
Post automatically merged:

And unemployment
Post automatically merged:

Employees can join a union

Noonespecial

Doesn't the rideshare law in tx mandate that we have to paid above the cost of the vehicle. IRS says 58 cents a mile.

Maybe lyft should be barred from operating in tx
The law in tx says businesses do whatever they want while texans bend over and vote for more broomstick.

UberXking

Those are all great points. In the past when a new technology or industrial breakthrough occurs often the workforce is taken advantage of. These indiscretions continuerr until the workforce screams stop or if organized stops performing (Strike).
Beside your suggestion there is the fact that once we're classified as employees federal law forces the employer to reimburse drivers full and part-time for mileage driven including pick up First
Then we get paid for driving separately.

Ziggy

Seems like Lyft just changed the Destination Filter to only 2 per day (just like Uber has had forever). Lyft really seems to be trying to make themselves irrelevant to drivers.

Noonespecial

Seems like Lyft just changed the Destination Filter to only 2 per day (just like Uber has had forever). Lyft really seems to be trying to make themselves irrelevant to drivers.
Well, they got people paying THEM $1000 a month for the privilege of making 35 cents a mile. The utter insanity of it just says a lot about the reality our entire country, not just some shitty rideshare company.

AustinAD99

Yeah, Lyft changed it to 2 destination awhile back...sucks.

Did get an email today from Lyft about a new points system.
Drivers get a point for every full dollar they earn on each ride.
Save up 500 points and you get $5!!!!!
Or you can cash those 500 points in for $6 in ride credits!!!!
You'll earn 3 points per buck when driving during busy times.

So you'll get anywhere from 1 to 3% cash back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyft, you spoil us.

AustinAggie

My last Lyft trip was August 27. I did 1 trip to find out for myself what the new rate meant. 15% pay cut.
I'd rather wait a little longer than take a ride that grosses $0.85/mile.