• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft new pay structure ??

Ajaywill

Looks to me like Lyft is "addressing" one of the common driver complaints....long distance to pickup.

This way, they can tout that, once again, we heard you and are addressing your concerns. You will now get paid from the time you accept the ride until you drop off the passenger.

What they don't say is that they will make up for this by cutting your per mile rate overall....and I would bet a weeks pay that all of those 10 - 15 minutes pickups that we see quite commonly today will magically disappear......

Another point that I did not see addressed: How will cancel fees work now if the pax cancels prior to pickup? Will the driver still get $5.00 or will s/he only get the payout for miles driven toward the pickup? My guess would be the latter...another way for Lyft to benefit at the expense of the driver since the pax will no doubt be charged the $5.00.

DriverMark

All the more reason to be on multip platforms. This "may" help in my market where I have long pickups always available.
But it's a cut to my bread and butter --- the airport. However. With Lyft's new "surge" crap, and fact it hardly ever surges at the airport w/ Lyft, I generally work more Uber at the airport than Lyft. This is more reason for me to work Uber for the airport.

When working the burbs, Lyft might be more beneficial.

Not coming to SLC now. So lets see what happens. And if Uber follows up with cutting pay in a like manar. I'm already running probably 2 to 1 in total rides a week. 2 Uber for every 1 Lyft ride I accept. It's all based upon how busy, surge, promo's, where working, etc etc.

nouberipo

deception and lies, you just can’t trust anyone anymore.
no you cannot and it wasn't until about 2.5 years ago that lying wasn't considered socially acceptable but now that the populace, and the world, has gotten used to the US culture shift to the unethical, immoral, and illegal it somehow has become ok. It is not ok to lie but with the leader of the US lying over 10,000 documented times in less than 3 years, it makes everyone question everything which is exactly the intended result. People have a choice of whether to lie or not as do companies. Uber and Lyft, while mirroring the present leadership of the country with its continuous and blatant lies, they did have a choice in terms of how they presented their company. It is a bit late to create a company culture that operates with an ethical, moral, and legal compass. All laws/regulations to them are meant to be broken and they seem to be immune to them with their cadre of lawyers and lobbyists. One day the house of cards will fall and I foresee that being in January 2021 when the new president and congress is sworn in.
Post automatically merged:

When they state "it will improve revenue" just remember they aren't talking about driver revenue. They are talking about their revenue.
no you cannot and it wasn't until about 2.5 years ago that lying wasn't considered socially acceptable but now that the populace, and the world, has gotten used to the US culture shift to the unethical, immoral, and illegal it somehow has become ok. It is not ok to lie but with the leader of the US lying over 10,000 documented times in less than 3 years, it makes everyone question everything which is exactly the intended result. People have a choice of whether to lie or not as do companies. Uber and Lyft, while mirroring the present leadership of the country with its continuous and blatant lies, they did have a choice in terms of how they presented their company. It is a bit late to create a company culture that operates with an ethical, moral, and legal compass. All laws/regulations to them are meant to be broken and they seem to be immune to them with their cadre of lawyers and lobbyists. One day the house of cards will fall and I foresee that being in January 2021 when the new president and congress is sworn in.
When they state "it will improve revenue" just remember they aren't talking about driver revenue. They are talking about their revenue.
Exactly......good eye.

Last edited:

Disgusted Driver

This only breaks even or benefits you if you drive more than 5 miles to a pickup. You get screwed by 10-25% on short rides or rides where you go less than 2 miles to pick up.
Nope, you get screwed for any ride that you are not sitting in traffic. They show you percentages to confuse you mileage down 42% but time up 50% doesn't mask the fact that anytime you are averaging over 15 miles an hour you are losing big! -48 cents a mile and +10 cents a minute means that if you are going 30mph you are losing 28 cents a mile. That's huge!! Get on the highway and you are losing 38 cents a mile. Getting paid to the PU is only going to balance some of that out.

Declineathon

Wanted to get peoples opinion on this new pay structure that Lyft is starting in certain markets , personally I think it’s a way to screw us more and tell us that they’re paying us more instead but I wanted to see what you guys think ?

Sadly enough, I dont trust their PR. Too late, mate. Could have been better than uber, blew your chance. Now uts time for AB5 and the ability to Unionize.

Always positioning their cost cutting measures as advantageous for drivers. The press buys it but we know better.

Time for another STRIKE

25rides7daysaweek

Yeah, that's because I won't get any tips under that new rate. I'm uninstalling the Lyft app if this actually happens. (Haven't received anything yet)
Why wouldnt you get a tip?
Post automatically merged:

You know if lyft gets away with this ubers right behind them. We really need to start making a stink w bad pr about this crap.
More people need rides than care about if they make a profit or not...

Uberisfuninlv

Nope, you get screwed for any ride that you are not sitting in traffic. They show you percentages to confuse you mileage down 42% but time up 50% doesn't mask the fact that anytime you are averaging over 15 miles an hour you are losing big! -48 cents a mile and +10 cents a minute means that if you are going 30mph you are losing 28 cents a mile. That's huge!! Get on the highway and you are losing 38 cents a mile. Getting paid to the PU is only going to balance some of that out.
This could work ok in areas that are highly populated and are city rides in traffic (LA, NY for example) but places with little traffic and highway rides are going to be screwed by about 20-30%