LYFT: NEW INTERFACE

hooj

8C5C5186-F6BA-4102-B893-764B3D1A5D43.jpeg
700C158E-12B3-4A49-BFB0-75706522EEBC.jpeg

Oh Lyft; sometimes you’re so nice and friendly and convenient, while other times you’re silly, odd and unnecessarily annoying. Let’s start with annoying - yes, this graphic is annoying - but only because you helped make it so.

Here’s the new interface for Lyft and why it’s annoyingly worse than its predissesor.

First let’s start with positives. It’s cleaner, sharper and seemingly less distracting to look at as a whole when it pops up. Simple, plain and probably more user friendly moving forward with that location map (BLUE CIRCLE) being fully visable compared to the partially-cut and difficult-to-read old version which I personally found distracting. These are the nice things.

(Quick note before moving on - Lyft KILLS Uber when it comes to pickups. I always appreciate Lyft pickups for the fact that once you confirm arrival, you can see where the pax is headed: a solid feature that Uber lacks and helps greatly when waiting for those not yet with their toes to the curb.)

RED ARROW indicates a huge step back for LYFT - a drastically reduced size of pax rating and pic, which might be eliminated based on the size of its uselessness now. Pics of pax was a cheeky feature of Lyft that I liked, especially when you saw makeup vs no makeup - massive differences indeed.

ORANGE ARROW pointing at the word “Lyft”. Seriously? Will it say Uber sometimes? Maybe FaceDrive? Taxify?

Waste of space.

YELLOW ARROW pointing at the nagging of not accepting multiple 10+ min pings, or 12+km distances, or sub 4.5 pax. This in reality should be of the smallest size possible.

GREEN ARROW is the last thing - the ticker. It could be thicker, and maybe the time to accept is longer (hopefully) but this has potential. Still debatable but it’s nutral for now.

Overall? I would rate this a 3*
I don’t want to obliterate your rating Lyft but I don’t want to be matched up with you again. I liked your last incarnation better and would’ve given it a 4*

86710655-EE39-460F-9ABF-9FEFC9887220.jpeg

Dagoo

What annoys me the most with Lyft is (tapping) to confirm pick up, and arrival instead the more convenient (sliding) gesture with Uber

With tapping you more likely "accidentally" hit pick up while you intending to do other functions like minimizing the page ..etc

Regarding the lyft interface either the old or new, it is still stupid looking and not user friendly at all

Yesterday my requests were almost 100% from Uber, while lyft I got only one and I declined anyway because pax too far

METRO3

This isn't new for the record. They had this dumb interface during the summer for a while and I was complaining that the most important info is the smallest thing on there. Pax rating. I've emailed the dev and it looks like when I compare ur screenshot to mine that in the beta version they have made the rating bigger

Oh and I didn't like that shared rides didn't have a different colour accept bar so I was accepting shared rides accidentally.

Where it says lyft isn't wasted space it's where it says lyft or shared or lux or whatever

This is screenshots of my android phone and the app is the beta app.

20190112_124132.jpg

Is this ticker bigger?
SmartSelect_20190112-125213_DU Recorder.jpg

Last edited:

JanMarkus

Does not bother me a bit. My acceptance rating is still abysmally low at around 30% though my rating keeps on increasing (right now at 4.93). I still get most of my rides (around 80% of revenue) from Uber. :-)

bandit13

This isn't new for the record. They had this dumb interface during the summer for a while and I was complaining that the most important info is the smallest thing on there. Pax rating. I've emailed the dev and it looks like when I compare ur screenshot to mine that in the beta version they have made the rating bigger

Oh and I didn't like that shared rides didn't have a different colour accept bar so I was accepting shared rides accidentally.

Where it says lyft isn't wasted space it's where it says lyft or shared or lux or whatever

This is screenshots of my android phone and the app is the beta app.

You din't accept a Shared Ride with Lyft, right ?

View attachment 289215
Is this ticker bigger?
View attachment 289216

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I like the little rating associated with the PAX icon. That should have always been there, in my opinion.

hooj

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

METRO3

www.youtube.com

Rating # is way too small. Should be one of the biggest font sizes on there. And judging by the size of the pic icon, pictures are gone too. Then again, I’ve had very little Lyft business since this change started.
Pictures aren't gone people are too lazy to add a pic or don't know how to.

bandit13

I hate that Lyft just tells you the minutes away and not the distance like Uber.
If you knew the distance you wouldn't do the Pickup since Lyft's times are so inaccurate along with bad routes especially in Toronto
Post automatically merged:

www.youtube.com

Rating # is way too small. Should be one of the biggest font sizes on there. And judging by the size of the pic icon, pictures are gone too. Then again, I’ve had very little Lyft business since this change started.
HATE the new design. It's like doing an Eye Test.

Before the colour was Pink = regular ride. Purple = Shared ride.

Really miss the Circle with the 15 second timer to accept rides.

Riders photo still there. Very small % of riders bother to create a Mug Shot.

Pictures aren't gone people are too lazy to add a pic or don't know how to.
And they change the minutes as soon as you accept it
Time for pickup is never accurate. Difference between GPS time & Rider App.

My biggest peeve about Lyft is how inaccurate the time to pickup is before you accept. I automatically add 5 min to all rides that they show being 5 min away.
How about 10 minutes.

Last edited: