Lyft never disappoints with Shortie BS, Why Bother?

Uberchampion

Screenshot_20190503-025726_Lyft Driver.jpg

They took over 50% on a midgit ride. Smh
Screenshot_20190503-025726_Lyft Driver.jpg

They took 50% of this ride...

*Bigmac*

For some reason, I don’t like lyft. And i think uber is way better than lyft. It is just lyft sometimes give out these coupons to riders that create pings to us. Otherwise I am ditching it. It is very annoying to keep an eye on both of cellphones while driving too.

RideshareDog

View attachment 316819

They took over 50% on a midgit ride. Smh View attachment 316819

They took 50% of this ride...
Noooooooo they didn't!
6.20-2.75=3.45
0.89 divided by 3.45 is 0.24 or 24%

Like no one gets how to properly calculate how much lyft takes. I've had to show several drivers that no lyft didn't take 50%. It's annoying.

If your going to do it your way then apply the same math to uber too and add the service fee in. It won't be 20 or 25%.

Uberchampion

Noooooooo they didn't!
6.20-2.75=3.45
0.89 divided by 3.45 is 0.24 or 24%

Like no one gets how to properly calculate how much lyft takes. I've had to show several drivers that no lyft didn't take 50%. It's annoying.

If your going to do it your way then apply the same math to uber too and add the service fee in. It won't be 20 or 25%.
I consider the service fee as part of the fare. It's less obvious with Uber on short rides because they pay a higher minimum.

Rockydrive

I’ve seen people whining and crying about the shorties all the time.....I’ve never had that issue ever.I would gladly cancel every short ride and I mean all of them because the 2.50 or 3$ is not worth the hassle most of the time. I only do them short rides when there is a ride challenge or streak and luckily for me it’s been non existent for a while.No streak,No ride challenge so no shorties for me Lyfty lyft. They do kick me out once in a while for an hour but I still cancel left right and centre.
So there you go....don’t take the shorties.

RideshareDog

I’ve seen people whining and crying about the shorties all the time.....I’ve never had that issue ever.I would gladly cancel every short ride and I mean all of them because the 2.50 or 3$ is not worth the hassle most of the time. I only do them short rides when there is a ride challenge or streak and luckily for me it’s been non existent for a while.No streak,No ride challenge so no shorties for me Lyfty lyft. They do kick me out once in a while for an hour but I still cancel left right and centre.
So there you go....don’t take the shorties.
Oooo cancel the ride when they try and get into your car lol it's always more enjoyable when you see the look on their face like what just happened. Independent contractor just happened bro lol

WillC

Lyft SHARED pays only extra $1 for each match and they pockets the rest. Regular Lyft is always $1 or $2 lower payout than Uber. On long trips, Lyft payouts are easily $5 lower than Uber. I don't know why I have not removed the app.:confusion:

Kurt Halfyard

Author
This thread shows again and again how bad Uber/Lyft drivers are at arithmetic.
As @RideshareDog has to point out again and again, there are dispatch fees and such that form the base rate, and the raw% will go up with the longer rides, but the shortest of sort rides is basically the 'dispatch' fee which both UBER/LYFT take, regardless.

*Bigmac*

This thread shows again and again how bad Uber/Lyft drivers are at arithmetic.
As @RideshareDog has to point out again and again, there are dispatch fees and such that form the base rate, and the raw% will go up with the longer rides, but the shortest of sort rides is basically the 'dispatch' fee which both UBER/LYFT take, regardless.
Okay, here is something I disagree with. I have asked many drivers that why they use lyft instead of uber. Their answer is always cheaper. And specifically long rides can be cheaper up to 10 dollars per ride with Excatly the same route. And I don’t know how the math works, but I do think the 10 dollars is coming out of drivers pockets. And this rideshare business is not honest in many ways. For example, it doesn’t avoid toll route in anyway with built in navigation. It tells the rider the approximately of the fare. Which means if the trip is 10 dollars, and the software tells the rider it could be 10-15 dollars, and when the driver takes toll route it’s gonna be 13 dollars. That’s wrong.

RideshareDog

Okay, here is something I disagree with. I have asked many drivers that why they use lyft instead of uber. Their answer is always cheaper. And specifically long rides can be cheaper up to 10 dollars per ride with Excatly the same route. And I don’t know how the math works, but I do think the 10 dollars is coming out of drivers pockets. And this rideshare business is not honest in many ways. For example, it doesn’t avoid toll route in anyway with built in navigation. It tells the rider the approximately of the fare. Which means if the trip is 10 dollars, and the software tells the rider it could be 10-15 dollars, and when the driver takes toll route it’s gonna be 13 dollars. That’s wrong.
What do u mean u asked drivers and they said it's cheaper. Do u mean passengers?
Post automatically merged:

This is how ur lyft earnings is calculated. As far as tolls go the price for the pax won't go up on Lyft as long as they don't add a stop or change the destination. They do that then it becomes a metered rate rather than an upfront rate. If lyft didn't add the toll in the price they will still pay you the toll out of their earnings.

Oh and a another key advice.
DONT TALK TO LYFT DRIVERS ABOUT EARNINGS. They know nothing about how lyft works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190425-002048_Lyft Driver.jpg
    Screenshot_20190425-002048_Lyft Driver.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

*Bigmac*

What do u mean u asked drivers and they said it's cheaper. Do u mean passengers?

This is how ur lyft earnings is calculated. As far as tolls go the price for the pax won't go up on Lyft as long as they don't add a stop or change the destination. They do that then it becomes a metered rate rather than an upfront rate. If lyft didn't add the toll in the price they will still pay you the toll out of their earnings.

Oh and a another key advice.
DONT TALK TO LYFT DRIVERS ABOUT EARNINGS. They know nothing about how lyft works.
Yeah I mean passengers. They said “I get an estimation of the fee, and it is more expensive when driver takes 407.”

Then I asked them to provide details. They said this “it’s always an estimation, the gap in between of the numbers from 5-10 dollars depending on the distance of the ride.”

So for example, if the trip is from Yonge finch to Yonge steels, all they get is an estimation of “7-12” dollars. After we hit the drop off button, that’s when they get charged with the exact number.

So I am being suspicious about that toll fee is free for passengers.

And here is what has happened today, I got a ride from pacific mall to markham and 16th.(like two blocks north of 16th) guess what happened? This uber navigation took me onto 407 and got off ninth ave, then head north all the way pass 16th and to some weirdo parkway then headed back onto markham. Wtffffffff, I felt so sorry for the guy that didn’t pay attention for the navigation, he works for one of the bubble tea place in pacific mall. That’s a rip off. I had no idea where he was going. After I got to the destination, my face turned red, and it was so embarrassing. I kind of think uber does this on purpose.

mikees3

l
Yeah I mean passengers. They said “I get an estimation of the fee, and it is more expensive when driver takes 407.”

Then I asked them to provide details. They said this “it’s always an estimation, the gap in between of the numbers from 5-10 dollars depending on the distance of the ride.”

So for example, if the trip is from Yonge finch to Yonge steels, all they get is an estimation of “7-12” dollars. After we hit the drop off button, that’s when they get charged with the exact number.

So I am being suspicious about that toll fee is free for passengers.

And here is what has happened today, I got a ride from pacific mall to markham and 16th.(like two blocks north of 16th) guess what happened? This uber navigation took me onto 407 and got off ninth ave, then head north all the way pass 16th and to some weirdo parkway then headed back onto markham. Wtffffffff, I felt so sorry for the guy that didn’t pay attention for the navigation, he works for one of the bubble tea place in pacific mall. That’s a rip off. I had no idea where he was going. After I got to the destination, my face turned red, and it was so embarrassing. I kind of think uber does this on purpose.

I take 407 all the time with lyft never had a complaint with pax, they actually thank me because other drivers avoid it.. and I’ve taken lyft as a pax couple of times there is no estimate pax are bullshiting to you, lyft gives you as price for the ride upfront before booking it.