Lyft needs to add a "Do not match me with this driver again" button....

LEAFdriver

.....without making them DOWNRATE you first! :frown:

Unfortunately, I've noticed a trend here lately.

I consistently get low ratings from a certain criteria of rider.

The thing is....I don't think they realize it affects us personally.

They just prefer a different driver.

Let's just say....they prefer a different AGE/RACE of driver than what I AM.

No hard feelings....I understand....kind of. :oopsies:

But I wish Lyft would make an option for the pax to say:

* This driver did NOTHING wrong...but please don't match me with them again.

But the only way they know to accomplish this is by rating you 3 stars or lower...which isn't fair. :confused:

Certain Judgment

Your profile says you're from Lake County and I'm sure you operate in Chicago. Are you an old white guy who isn't liked by black Chicago urban dwellers or a young black guy that isn't liked by rich Lake County elites?

LEAFdriver

Your profile says you're from Lake County and I'm sure you operate in Chicago. Are you an old white guy who isn't liked by black Chicago urban dwellers or a young black guy that isn't liked by rich Lake County elites?

Let's just say....YES. :rolleyes: One of the above.

(But I'm not a guy) :rolleyes:

Mista T

Author
One thing i like about lyft is that you can block a future match by rating 3 stars. This will not totally crush someones rating, and it prevents futures matches.

You might say Pax/driver did nothing wrong, dont want to rate them low. But if thats the case, then why would you want to be blocked from them if they did nothing wrong?

Kodyhead

From what i understand lyft riders do not know their own ratings and do NOT see the messages or complaints you write about them

LEAFdriver

One thing i like about lyft is that you can block a future match by rating 3 stars. This will not totally crush someones rating, and it prevents futures matches.

You might say Pax/driver did nothing wrong, dont want to rate them low. But if thats the case, then why would you want to be blocked from them if they did nothing wrong?

Because even though the driver:

Arrived on time, in a clean car, was friendly, drove well, etc.

The driver wasn't:

Single, Cute, playing the music they prefer, _______ <---Insert any other frivolous, non-trip related complaints here.

(aka: NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH YOUR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES)

They see nothing wrong with hurting your rating....in order to get matched with someone closer to their demographics. :oopsies:

MrMikeNC

That is weird. Positive? So any time I have a rider I am somewhat down on I can rank without fear of retaliation.

I'm sure he's right. I had a rider recently ask me what his rating was. I thought it odd since I assumed he could see it, but I still told him (it was a 5). He then went on to say he takes great pride in treating drivers right and when the trip was over tipped me $5 in app (it was a short trip anyway).

I didn't think much of it, the guy saying he couldn't see his own rating, but thinking about it now yeah it does make sense. Prevents retaliation rating. Though on the other hand, if they get rated so low and no one ever accepts because of that low rating they'll be confused as to why. Oh well.

Riders have to send Lyft an email to request to view their rating.

Also, YES! Please give us this button. As a passenger I've had drivers who didn't do anything wrong to warrant a low rating, but did make me feel uncomfortable or had more trouble than usual figuring out where to go (90 yr old guys who just started using a smartphone and GPS yesterday) or long rides with music that makes me borderline homicidal, or won't shut up after I've been clear that I don't want to talk, etc. Folks who might be the perfect driver for someone other than me, so I don't want to screw with their livelihood by rating low.

As a driver, I want pax to be able to not ride with me if they prefer to not. Otherwise it's just uncomfortable for us both. Though I don't want my rating to take a hit just because someone doesn't want me to drive them.

DidIDoThat

This is a long standing issue, have heard college kids using the 3 star option when they don't like the vehicle, personality etc. Nothing wrong with the drive, they just don't want to ever ride with that driver again so they 3 star the driver.

dannyg1

It is obvious who puts what in the comments on lyft. There really is no point to it. Face it out of 20 people youre going to get at least one pissed of person. It a simple business fact. Forget about it and move on theres nothing you can do. And as far as the rating thing ince you are at a certain number of rides it doesnt matter unless you get all ones which I believe would be real hard unless you really suck

DCNewbie17

I'm sure he's right. I had a rider recently ask me what his rating was. I thought it odd since I assumed he could see it, but I still told him (it was a 5). He then went on to say he takes great pride in treating drivers right and when the trip was over tipped me $5 in app (it was a short trip anyway).

I didn't think much of it, the guy saying he couldn't see his own rating, but thinking about it now yeah it does make sense. Prevents retaliation rating. Though on the other hand, if they get rated so low and no one ever accepts because of that low rating they'll be confused as to why. Oh well.

This. I ride with Lyft only and I didnt know until recently that riders were rated as well. Couldn't find my rating in the app. My only clue was a coupon last month for being a 5 star rated rider.

I wish that I had known sooner that ratings matter because I believe I rated an otherwise good driver a year ago as a "4" because he wasn't as friendly as the other drivers. I was used to having great conversations with Lyft drivers and I could tell that he wasn't interested. Wasn't rude, clean car, good driver, but I was just used to a different experience. Had I known that anything other than a "5" was bad, I wouldn't have ranked him lower. And I did tip him but only $1-2 so my rating might have been confusing if he bothered to look.

curtpete

It is obvious who puts what in the comments on lyft. There really is no point to it. Face it out of 20 people youre going to get at least one pissed of person. It a simple business fact. Forget about it and move on theres nothing you can do. And as far as the rating thing ince you are at a certain number of rides it doesnt matter unless you get all ones which I believe would be real hard unless you really suck

Not sure what you mean..... one person out of 20 will be pissed off. I am new to this but have had no pissed off passengers in 150 rides. All 5 stars. You should not piss off any passenger. Make it right if there is a problem. Regards, Curt Peterson

Mista T

Author
Not sure what you mean..... one person out of 20 will be pissed off. I am new to this but have had no pissed off passengers in 150 rides. All 5 stars. You should not piss off any passenger. Make it right if there is a problem. Regards, Curt Peterson
Lol. Maybe the words Pissed Off are not accurate, but definitely there are a certain number of people who will find you less than perfect, no matter how nice and charming you are. That's just human nature, you can't please everybody.

150 rides is a good sample size, but let's talk again once you pass the 1,000 mark.

Yulli Yung

But the only way they know to accomplish this is by rating you 3 stars or lower...which isn't fair. :confused:
You are wrong about that. Both Uber and Lyft allowed you to request that you not be matched up with a particular rider in the future without lowering / changing their rating. I do this frequently under the option of changing a riders riding. Just asked not to be matched up with this particular rider in the future but do not change his rating. As for as I can tail this works since I have never been matched up with any of those requested.

LEAFdriver

You are wrong about that. Both Uber and Lyft allowed you to request that you not be matched up with a particular rider in the future without lowering / changing their rating. I do this frequently under the option of changing a riders riding. Just asked not to be matched up with this particular rider in the future but do not change his rating. As for as I can tail this works since I have never been matched up with any of those requested.

I don't think you understood my post. I wasn't talking about Driver's rating the riders....

I was talking about Rider's rating the DRIVERS. :rolleyes:

MsKK

They do, it's called rate a passenger 3 stars or below. So I've been told.

rickasmith98

Rating someone 3 stars does not guarantee you will not be matched up with them. With Lyft, 1 star ratings will prevent a future match but not with Uber. With Uber you have to request specifically not to be matched with that person.