LYFT MISLEADING PROMO 40 rides = $470 guaranteed

Has anyone else had this happen?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Avel

Im extremely upset at the miss leading and deceptive promo from this past week. I even called on Sunday to clarify. Promo Guarantee $470 for 40 rides. See Pics below. The promo also said Lyft line counts as a separate trip if pickup is in another location. I actually had over 40 rides. But thats another story. So lyft is wanting to pay me $376. I called and said Whoa! If you say the guarantee is $470 for 40 rides what is $376??? Charles comes back and say "OH its up to $470" Um No... Thats not what you sent to me. If i was new i would have said ok but I have a 4.9 rating with 2900+ trips. Houston we have a problem. I even ask Charles thats not morally right. That is very deceptive and intentional. He then tells me "Oh the guarantee is before Lyft takes their fees out" WT? REALLY! please tell me how and why would that make sense? If this is how you choose to operate this is not good:frown:

Attachments

• IMG_7671.PNG
    IMG_7671.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_7672.PNG
    IMG_7672.PNG
    46.9 KB · Views: 113

chitown73

You NEED to read the FULL terms and conditions of Lyft and their b*s offers. As the previous post said, Lyft's guaranteed fares are airways before their fees. That's why I don't bother chasing after that bs. Some others on here have said that Lyft even counts the tips so if you happen to get a lot of tips they'll use that as an excuse to say you don't qualify for the incentive.
I also drive Uber and they're also shady af but at least when it comes to their quest promos they're pretty straight up without all the bs fine print.

Mista T

Author
I have a friend who just got an incentive, $1200 guaranteed for 80 rides for the week.

I reminded him that the $1200 is really $900 AND that any tips he gets will count towards the $900, they will NOT get added on afterwards.

miggon123

Just made a post about this in another thread. Same thing happened to me. Worked towards the gurantee. Was expecting an extra 100 from the gurantee from what I made. Received a few cents. They are pulling a bait and switch small print scam. They're gurantee is before the commission they take so basically no different from driving regularly.

DeplorableDonald

Welcome to the 'Better Boyfriend' AKA Lyft.

As others have said, Lyft's promos are so full of fine print they're worthless if you know what you're doing.

They are always 'before Lyft's commission', plus you need 90% acceptance rate requirements. Looks like you are at 20%. Their math, while shady, adds up.

I usually do Uber because if I use DF in Boost zones I can average at least $10/trip without the hoops to jump through.

My acceptance rate for Lyft is currently 17% because I cherrypick as an art form.

Mista T

Author
The Uber koolaid tastes better, they say that the average full time driver in NYC makes $90,000 A year.

And, they tell me that the lower the prices, the MORE WE MAKE!!!! I'm so excited, fill my glass again...

chitown73

The Uber koolaid tastes better, they say that the average full time driver in NYC makes $90,000 A year.

And, they tell me that the lower the prices, the MORE WE MAKE!!!! I'm so excited, fill my glass again...
They both make their kool-aid from the same jar. Just marketed under diff names.

Mista T

Author
See 2 uber ads in pic... i want the $1,000 bonus AND i want to earn $45 per hour. Can i do that???

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-03-23-30-45.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-03-23-30-45.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 68

beezlewaxin

Can you post the screenshot that shows the rest of whats in the Terms and Conditions? Specifically I want to see whats under the heading, "Calculating the Guarantee Amount".

Another Uber Driver

Lyft's promos are so full of fine print they're worthless if you know what you're doing.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lyft wants a ninety per-cent acceptance rate for almost every promotion. Since I will not accept the Lyft Lines, this rules me out automatically.

Lyft takes its twenty five per cent out of everything before it renders it unto you. The next thing that I am expecting is that Lyft will calculate a twenty-five per-cent surcharge to fees that the customers pay and take it out of the drivers' collective hide.

LYFT: We got a percentage to take out of that......................................

hulksmash

If you work prime time correctly you will beat the guarantee in half the rides or less, even without accepting everything. Think you going to game the system only going for shorties? So does everyone else. This causes the unthinkable, which is drivers fighting over $3 Lyft Line rides, which is exactly what Lyft wants.

AllenChicago

Lyft’s guarantees are always before they take out their fees! Be weary of this company they are 1000 times worse than Uber!

Add to that, Lyft wears a BIG SMILE as they stab you in the back, while simultaneously screwing you in da bootay.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lyft wants a ninety per-cent acceptance rate for almost every promotion. Since I will not accept the Lyft Lines, this rules me out automatically.

Lyft takes its twenty five per cent out of everything before it renders it unto you. The next thing that I am expecting is that Lyft will calculate a twenty-five per-cent surcharge to fees that the customers pay and take it out of the drivers' collective hide.

LYFT: We got a percentage to take out of that......................................

Due to that insane 90% acceptance rate requirement, I've only qualified for one promo over the past 2 years. Plus, I've wised up to realize that due to automobile-related expenses and depreciation, it's not worth chasing the Lyft promos...especially since those promotions been diluted so drastically over the past 12 months.