• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft: Mid-Atlantic Driver Advisory Council (Who's going?)

MikesUber

Source: Lyft Email

Good afternoon!

In case we don't know each other already, I wanted to introduce myself! I am so honored to represent our individual markets and am excited to help bring our issues, concerns, suggestions and ideas to the forefront.

I will be hosting driver socials in the mid-atlantic region and would love your input for your area! The current ones I have have scheduled are as follows:

Baltimore: June 22 @ Dave and Buster's (Hosted by William)
Philadelphia: July 21st @ Howl at the Moon (Hosted by Me)
Baltimore: July 22nd @ Howl at the Moon (Hosted by Me)

Working on Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads the week of July 9th, New Jersey and Pittsburgh (Howl at the Moon) for the week of July 14th. Venue suggestions with a great happy hour or patio/rooftop locations will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a gazillion!!

Fistbumps!

Djuana Turner
Mid-Atlantic DAC

Who's going?

Any input from the Pittsburgh Lyft drivers out there? I'd like to see clearer Prime Time zones, the squares don't help me and the PT display range (i.e. 25-100% PT) don't help either. Don't make me guess what PT will be, clearly show PT zones like Uber (pre-honeycomb). Also, display PT with the ride request.

Also waiting on what Lyft will release for the next generation of Glostache (or similar device). I'd like easier metrics as well, UI of the driver's app doesn't seem as easy to navigate versus Uber. They did release an update to this in the past few days however so we'll see how it is.

Leon Z

Curious, why this wasn't sent to all Pittsburgh & Philadelphia drivers? Here's my thing where I don't understand some things...

Someone else I know got this email, came from lyftteam.com not a regular lyft email, when going to site it don't exist. Also with the amount of drivers in the Philadelphia market why would they have a social at a bar? Firstly, Howl at the moon will never be able to accommodate that many drivers, if it is only for a select few well that's truly messed up as why not all lyft drivers. Why not rent a hall space with a cash bar for the social and have a meet and greet type arrangement, how is one person going to answer questions and meet all these people. I just don't understand this at all, now I did bar promotions for years, I'm hoping this isn't another driver looking to just create an event to get a % of the bar like a promoter. Things are really strange about this.

Maybe I am wrong but can someone prove otherwise?

MikesUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm hoping this isn't another driver looking to just create an event to get a % of the bar like a promoter.
Lyft sent out applications to join the DAC sometime before May, they then chose reps for each area. It's only a short term assignment, six months or so I believe.

Info: DAC Announcement

Howl at the moon will never be able to accommodate that many drivers
True

Why not rent a hall space with a cash bar for the social and have a meet and greet type arrangement, how is one person going to answer questions and meet all these people.
That's what I would think as well, honestly don't even need alcohol there if we want this to be a professional meet and greet. Some sort of private meeting space would be better.

Curious, why this wasn't sent to all Pittsburgh & Philadelphia drivers?
This I don't know, typical of Lyft and Uber to send emails to different groups and at different times.

MasterKNinja

I've only done the bare minimum to stay active on their platform lately so haven't heard anything from Lyft.