1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft Lowers Prices in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh' started by MikesUber, Jan 20, 2017.

1. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    Announced today via email at 1:47PM. This matches Uber's pricing:

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.24.05 PM.png

2. It was 1.06/mile and .16/min before so not really sure why they felt they had to change it.

3. Lyft is competing for riders, even though it is a minimal decrease, it still is cause for a news release.

4. It was a news realease cause other cities took an actual hit but here it's not even worth a mention. Lyft is simply no match to uber in Pittsburgh. Every time Uber has moved their prices here, Lyft has moved theirs to 1 cent more, less than a week later.

5. KaIee

KaIee

Driving:
    Lyft
    We're still much better than over in Cleveland where I think it's about 77 cents

6. Currently 81 cents/mile in Cleveland. Yeesh. It's monkey see/monkey do. Uber is the 800 lb gorilla & Lyft just follows their pricing. $1 buck a mile is the min. for me, otherwise I'm out. At least doing it as a part time job.

7. bigga519

bigga519

I'm in Orlando on vacation and it's .65/mile, yikes!! We have nothing to complain about in da burg.

8. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    Plus it's illegal in most parts of Orlando and especially at the airport yet it goes on. I took Uber as well when I was in Orlando last November :eek: the Orlando board talks about stings at the airport sometimes.

9. bigga519

bigga519

You can't use UberX at Orlando international, only uber premium. The other Orlando airport in Sanford allows all Uber's. The couple uber drivers I spoke to are killing it at Disney world. They have dedicated lots like at the airport, first in first out with the queue.

MikesUber likes this.
  10. I'd heard from pax that drivers at that airport are killing it. This explains it. The UberSELECT rate there is $1.65/mile. And many of them use Uber to promote their real estate gig too.

11. Speaking of Lyft, did anyone get a notice that they expanded their coverage around Pittsburgh? The area now includes Cranberry, Washington & Greensburg. I was so used to their old coverage map that I would never even turn the app on in these areas. You'd think they'd tell their drivers!? I did get a notice back in November that they expanded in Eastern PA. I can only assume that's when the Pgh coverage increased too.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    TheRealGnash likes this.
  12. With the gas going up, you'd think they'd both take the chance to raise it a bit like everything else. Better for them and us. Companies struggle when they're afraid to ask for enough $ for their product or service. It's totally a value. I drove two girls from Mt Washington to the Pens game for less than $6 if I remember. Come on! That's a steal. My pastor was telling me he used the Uber in DC last week and it was less than $2 to go somewhere. Wonder what their min is there.

13. MikesUber

MikesUber

Driving:
    UberX
    Sounds about right, a touch above minimum fare to go down the hill and across the bridge.

14. Yes. Nice deal for a two way split. Pleasant people, too. They should use the gas price hike as a chance to increase fares.

15. Navy Vet

Navy Vet

How about LYFT stop paying all that money for drivers and SPEND SOME MONEY ON ADVERTISING! I ask my UBER riders if they ever use LYFT and most say NO and some say they forgot all about LYFT! I have NEVER seen a ad for LYFT in the PITTSBURGH area. There may be, but I have not seen Any! Also UBER and LYFT CAN charge just pennies less than a TAXI and they wouldn't loose any business. I have had people say if UBER and a TAXI charged the same they would still take UBER. My brain is going to explode, DRIVERS, UBER & LYFT can all be making more money!

16. bigga519

bigga519

I see a lot of Lyft ads online but I never see them on tv or hear it on the radio like I do with uber.