Lyft lowered nj rate

ericc

Just checked on Lyft rider app, instead .$.85 per/mile, it's $1.10, wow I will turn Lyft on tomorrow instead Uber, uber still pays $.85 in Central Jersey, but today found out Lyft pays $1.10.

Attachments

njctuberx

I knew it would happen. Does anyone remember when Lyft announced the new shore pricing, they compared it with the "regular New Jersey pricing" that was incorrect (at the time) They came back with a correction, but I felt like they had to get those numbers from somewhere.

jerseyboys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
things I hate about Lyft

- you must call or contact after 5 to collect the no show

-it does not show the city/town when you start the trip

-their own surge is very hard to read

-the $15 over Hudson as mentioned

-Lyft line is ALL of nj. Uberpool is only EWR and Hudson.

-the high $2500 deductible

Last edited:

Xris Xros

Where is that Lyft dude that is always bragging about price here??? I can only hope that this does not force Uber to cut rate again. Time to start looking for another job. SMH.

Slim Pete

Just checked on Lyft rider app, instead .$.85 per/mile, it's $1.10, wow I will turn Lyft on tomorrow instead Uber, uber still pays $.85 in Central Jersey, but today found out Lyft pays $1.10.
New rates go into effect Aug 1. 3 pm

Slim Pete

Lyft knows no driver will turn on the app now, yet they lowered them. Why?

Because they have insider knowledge that Uber will drop rates further very soon, hence they know drivers will again turn on the Lyft app?

Xris Xros

I will have to stop driving if Uber drop rates AGAIN!!. Cost of living in NJ is very high. I don't understand the meaning of all this price cuts.

Last edited:

just uberX

They can keep competing on the price by lowering as much as they want to....but how far can they compete when they have no drivers to get on the road to make money for them. I thought other state their per mile rates went up? Instead of raising our rates in nj like other states , uber wants to go lower smh..