Lyft - Lower rates in Oakland/East Bay?

Darrenlyft

Is anybody getting lower than usual rates in the east bay?

Today I've been getting rides as that seem to start at a $3 base rate in the Oakland/Berkeley area.

Didn't happen on Thursday and Friday as well.

Wondering if this is a glitch in the system or if they made some recent changes.

Edit**
It looks like it could be possible the amount after fees is what is now showing when the ride is completed, but I could've sworn a I get $4.25 after fees per $5.00 ride. . Is Lyft raising their fees?

Philbert

They announced that they were changing the payout display to show the actual money you receive, not the fake pre-"cut". Maybe their lawyers told them to wise up, and get rid of that deceptful shit now that they've followed Uber's path with the upfront pricing. There hasn't been a "cut" for a year or so, they just liked exploiting naive drivers by adding pre-cuts to promos and stuff. All I know is that a lot of stupid Lyft drivers, the ones who thought they were making so much more with Lyft than Uber but really never did the basic math, are in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:

Strange Fruit

Is anybody getting lower than usual rates in the east bay?

Today I've been getting rides as that seem to start at a $3 base rate in the Oakland/Berkeley area.

Didn't happen on Thursday and Friday as well.

Wondering if this is a glitch in the system or if they made some recent changes.

Edit**
It looks like it could be possible the amount after fees is what is now showing when the ride is completed, but I could've sworn a I get $4.25 after fees per $5.00 ride. . Is Lyft raising their fees?
$4.25 would mean a 15% fee.
All I know is that a lot of stupid Lyft drivers, the ones who thought they were making so much more with Lyft than Uber, are in for a rude awakening.
That was happening with Uber too. I will never understand. It wasn't deceitful so much as it was annoyingly & unnecessarily inconvenient.

Like $.8625 is 75% of $1.15. Did they think it was somehow more per mile if u take the percentage off after the ride? I want to know what it's like in those minds. We'd been paid the same amount since like Jan 2016, and just the rider was being charged differently. So they were panicking a year later about a pay cut when Uber kindly got rid of the Ubermath, finally. A whole year of being paid $.8625 per mile, etc and getting used to it.

So my supposedly grandfathered in 20% commission rate from 2015 means nothing?
It's from 2014 and ur supposed to be paid the same as u were before also. Like $.92 per mile was it? It's on the thing we 'signed' when the change was established. If u began before Sept2014 u are paid 92c a mile instesd of .86.25c, or however much 80% is. Unless ur me and they already took it away before the change. I'm not bitter or anything

Uberdancer

They must be reading ....
IMG_0908.JPG

Darrenlyft

They announced that they were changing the payout display to show the actual money you receive, not the fake pre-"cut". Maybe their lawyers told them to wise up, and get rid of that deceptful shit now that they've followed Uber's path with the upfront pricing. There hasn't been a "cut" for a year or so, they just liked exploiting naive drivers by adding pre-cuts to promos and stuff. All I know is that a lot of stupid Lyft drivers, the ones who thought they were making so much more with Lyft than Uber but really never did the basic math, are in for a rude awakening.

Pretty much explained it all. Thanks!