Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lyft Lightning Deals- Are they possible?

952 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  OC Lady Uber Driver 
#1 ·
So Lyft keeps sending me notices that if I drive between this and this time in this area there is a $40 bonus for every ten rides. The problem is in my area- Los Angeles- I have found it almost impossible to get 10 rides in a set period. As an example I drive yesterday to Westwood for the guaranteed prime time of 75% from 4pm-6pm. I stayed from 4-4:45 and not ONE request. I drive slightly outside the area and Boom! a non surge request for an hour and 15 minute drive to Hollywood. great- a whole $15 and no tip and now it is 6pm.

Has anyone tried to do the 10 rides deal and actually gotten the bonus? Or is it their way of saturating the area with drivers so that there is no surge AND drivers can't get enough rides to get the bonus?

#2 ·
So Lyft keeps sending me notices that if I drive between this and this time in this area there is a $40 bonus for every ten rides. The problem is in my area- Los Angeles- I have found it almost impossible to get 10 rides in a set period. As an example I drive yesterday to Westwood for the guaranteed prime time of 75% from 4pm-6pm. I stayed from 4-4:45 and not ONE request. I drive slightly outside the area and Boom! a non surge request for an hour and 15 minute drive to Hollywood. great- a whole $15 and no tip and now it is 6pm.

Has anyone tried to do the 10 rides deal and actually gotten the bonus? Or is it their way of saturating the area with drivers so that there is no surge AND drivers can't get enough rides to get the bonus?
Yes.

#3 ·

F*** Lyft!!!!! Pos company

#4 ·
Thr new strategy seems to be that offer incentives to so many drivers at the same time in same market that every driver is doing lyft only , but problem is that lyft doesn't have that many pax so very few drivers make money then. I have been getting extra 60% on every ride 5 to 7 pm between zone and still hardly making $20 n hr bfr commission, pings are few and very short rides. Too mny Uber drivers hv thr lyft app on too cyz of incentives.

#5 ·
I tried out the OC AM Lightning Bonus on 03/22, and found only half of the trips I completed counted towards the bonus. I printed out the special bonus map and logged each trip as I went because they don't list the actual address on the driver history dashboard. After the bonus was over, I plotted the trips on that map to see how I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.