Lyft lays off 17% of workforce.

Mkang14

You may want to take some PTO.
I had planned to take a few weeks off in march and then Corona happend.

Right now WFH and most days work is really slow. So really no point. Plus requesting time off during the pandemic feels wrong. Not sure why 🤔

Kurt Halfyard

Author
As a personal point. I take the maximum vacation my job offers. Every year. There is even a programme at my place-of-work for employees give back 10 days worth of my salary, and get an extra 2 weeks Vacay. I make use of it every year. I like my 7 weeks vacation. I think it makes me a more well rounded person.

The Mick

I do not think people realize exactly how bad it is going to be.
I do, but all you have to do is watch the stock market, As unemployment rate goes up, the stock market follows it, I figure by the time the unemployment rate hits 25-30% The stock Market will be at all time highs.

TemptingFate

I do, but all you have to do is watch the stock market, As unemployment rate goes up, the stock market follows it, I figure by the time the unemployment rate hits 25-30% The stock Market will be at all time highs.
That used to be true because the Fed would lower interest rates to stimulate the economy and reduce unemployment. Lower interest rates made borrowing money easier so stocks would go up. Now interest rates are rock bottom. Cant go lower unless they go negative. The Fed has pumped in $4 trillion for liquidity during this crisis. That's propped up the market during this Covid19 rally. Now what? Millions of people are unemployed, businesses are losing money and shutting down. This is much worse than 2000 dotcom crash or even the 2008 mortgage crisis crash. This rivals the Great Depression in unemployment and economic destruction. The pain will be felt for years.

The Mick

That used to be true because the Fed would lower interest rates to stimulate the economy and reduce unemployment. Lower interest rates made borrowing money easier so stocks would go up. Now interest rates are rock bottom. Cant go lower unless they go negative. The Fed has pumped in $4 trillion for liquidity during this crisis. That's propped up the market during this Covid19 rally. Now what? Millions of people are unemployed, businesses are losing money and shutting down. This is much worse than 2000 dotcom crash or even the 2008 mortgage crisis crash. This rivals the Great Depression in unemployment and economic destruction. The pain will be felt for years.
did you read what i wrote? I'm basically saying that i could see the stock Market at all time Highs, even when we hit depression unemployment rates. June 5,2020 unemployment #'s will be over 20% But for the avg joe blow, the next 2 yrs are gonna be brutal,i wish the media would do a story on people waiting on lines for food every day,GL, right now? this is 2007-2009 on steroids, and it'll be a slow crawl back