Lyft keep up with the hidden time outs, its just another lawsuit waiting to happen

UberIsAllFubared

Lyft you agreed in principle in a lawsuit not to put drivers on timeouts, since it is an action of an employer... yet you continue to put drivers on hidden time outs. You do realize you are a publicly traded company now, right? Sooner or later, a whistle blower is going to come forward, and when they do, another lawsuit for you to defend. I hope it happens a few weeks before the lockup period ends.

MOJAVE MADMAN

Lyft you agreed in principle in a lawsuit not to put drivers on timeouts, since it is an action of an employer... yet you continue to put drivers on hidden time outs. You do realize you are a publicly traded company now, right? Sooner or later, a whistle blower is going to come forward, and when they do, another lawsuit for you to defend. I hope it happens a few weeks before the lockup period ends.
I DONT KNOW ABOUT TIME OUT BUT IF I DECLINE TOO MANY TOO QUICK THEY DO THROTTLE IT DOWN A BIT

USUALLY GOING OFFLINE AND RIGHT BACK ON WILL GET ME PINGS AGAIN

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe a dozen of us should buy some shares of Lyft and sue them as investors... "Lack of disclosures" is one of the things investors can sue a public company for from what I understand. Since Lyft and Uber agreed in principle in the big lawsuit not to Penalize drivers for not accepting ride requests, if they are still doing so, this would be a "lack of disclosures" that investors should know about since if it got out, it could hurt the stock price.

Hmmm, more research is needed in this area.

Last edited:

Woohaa

If they're hidden then how do you know?

somedriverguy

If they're hidden then how do you know?
It's kind of obvious when you are staring at 300 pax and they are all @@@@@ing to eachother that the system is telling them no drivers are available even after it quotes them triple what it cost them to get to the event and you are sitting right there but you just denied three base rate requests from 20 minutes away so you arent getting any pings for 30 minutes.

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's kind of obvious when you are staring at 300 pax and they are all @@@@@ing to eachother that the system is telling them no drivers are available even after it quotes them triple what it cost them to get to the event and you are sitting right there but you just denied three base rate requests from 20 minutes away so you arent getting any pings for 30 minutes.

Any driver who has done this job more than 3 months knows.

Then as soon as the hidden time out is over, you get request after request again, until you are put on another time out.

Tank_Driver

I DONT KNOW ABOUT TIME OUT BUT IF I DECLINE TOO MANY TOO QUICK THEY DO THROTTLE IT DOWN A BIT

USUALLY GOING OFFLINE AND RIGHT BACK ON WILL GET ME PINGS AGAIN
You remind me of a student I had once who would send all of his e-mails in bold text, about size 30 font. He was an older student, Vietnam-type (or so he claimed), and was always picking a legal fight with someone in the school or city.

When I confronted him on the format of his e-mails he said I was violating his constitutional rights as a disabled American and he would sue me and everyone else, get me fired, and call the local media—in addition to other threats.

This went back and forth with Administration who ultimately had to have him legally removed as a student with full due-process. I’ve never forgotten opening those e-mails though and seeing that bold, caps-locked, size 30 text... and having to read them.

Hope you enjoyed the story (I’m sure you’re nicer in real life too...)

k4ever

Busy hours I ignore 100 Pings, no problem.
Slow times , yes they do, just close the application and start again. It works for me.
Exactly. If you are on a busy area, they turn off the timeouts because they need drivers to supply the demand (still the algo works in the background and you wont get good pings right away based on your acceptance/cancellation history). Now if you are on place where there is definitely not going to surge soon, or is not busy you stop getting pings for fixed amounts of time. I didnt know the restart trick with Lyft, but I have tried doing that with Uber and it doesnt do a damn thing.

But yeah one minute you are getting dozens of pings, then suddenly silence. After several minutes, out of nowhere, you get hammered with dozens of pings back to back. Coincidence? .. bull$hit.

MOJAVE MADMAN

You remind me of a student I had once who would send all of his e-mails in bold text, about size 30 font. He was an older student, Vietnam-type (or so he claimed), and was always picking a legal fight with someone in the school or city.

When I confronted him on the format of his e-mails he said I was violating his constitutional rights as a disabled American and he would sue me and everyone else, get me fired, and call the local media—in addition to other threats.

This went back and forth with Administration who ultimately had to have him legally removed as a student with full due-process. I’ve never forgotten opening those e-mails though and seeing that bold, caps-locked, size 30 text... and having to read them.

Hope you enjoyed the story (I’m sure you’re nicer in real life too...)
MY DAD WAS IN ONE OF YOUR CLASSSES???

WHAT A SMALL WORLD

AngelAdams

For those of you that were born in the states, welcome to the 21st century corporate fascism.
Post automatically merged:

Whenever a customer would ask me what lyft was like I would say, remember when you were a kid and an adult would grab your hand, hit you then say, “ why are you hitting yourself?” Well that’s lyft, except hitler is the one holding your hand.

Last edited:

Aerodrifting

Even at busy times Lyft can pull time outs. I was at Dana point last Sat and I kept declining those non surge pings from 15 minutes away and low PT ones. Then ping stopped coming in completely for like 5-10 minutes when there was a 200-300 PT on the map. After a few minutes it started non stop again.