Lyft just "waitlisted" me via text message...

JaxUberLyft

...And then sent me an email telling me:

THANKS FOR APPLYING!​
We know you want to get out there soon
You've completed your Lyft application, but we have a waitlist in Jacksonville right now. Since we want you to have a strong start and keep up the momentum, we won't greenlight you until there's a better balance of drivers and passengers in your area. When there is, you'll get rides more regularly and make more money.

What makes this nuts is that I've been a Lyft driver for 2 years, completed ~2000 rides. Like many, I stopped driving when Covid appeared, sometime in February.

I fully expected to receive various warnings about doing no rides for 30, 60, 90+ days, culminating in being deactivated...and I'd be fine with that - no strangers in my car until the virus goes away by herd immunity or a vaccine...at that point, if the mood strikes, I'll reapply...or not.

It's just so weird Lyft reacted to my non-driving by pretending I'm a new applicant!

All I can figure is that they laid off all the app programmers that knew what they were doing...

Anyone else experience this?

Another Uber Driver

Gryft notified me that I was "off waitlist" and "eligible to earn". All that I needed do was "complete" the application. I started March 2016. I received pings to-day, so I can not be too deep in the ol' Kim Chee.

JaxUberLyft

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I turn the apps on every now and then to gauge the number of ants, but that's about it for now.

Uber's Guber

THANKS FOR APPLYING! You've completed your Lyft application, but we have a waitlist in Jacksonville right now.
It simply means that Lyft already has more than 100x the needed number of ants to over-saturate your market. As soon as Lyft returns to its acceptable saturation levels of less than or equal to 100x the number of ants needed, you will be immediately added to the ant farm.
The good news! Lyft has a massive burn & churn rate, so it won't be long until you rejoin the ant ranks again!

JaxUberLyft

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I won't be rejoining the ant ranks until the need for social distancing goes away. There's no way to attain six foot separation while driving Uber Lyft.

While I wear a mask whenever I shop or otherwise out in public, I have zero interest in having to wear one while driving rideshare...I completely agree with the idea of requiring masks for both drivers and riders, but I don't like / need driving enough to tolerate wearing one as a driver. If I need a ride as a pax, I'll wear one in fairness to the driver, but that's it.

AllenChicago

I received a "you've been wait listed" message 3 days ago.

Today I get the text saying, "OK, you can now apply for Lyft and start driving when approved."

(Have been driving non-stop since 2015. Even through this Covid annoyance. Never Full-Time though.)

jfinks

I turn the apps on every now and then to gauge the number of ants, but that's about it for now.
I turn the app on to decline about 30 rides all about 15 to 20 minutes away. Gotta maintain my stellar 1% acceptance rate.