Lyft just shocked me with its latest email message... It sounded sincere

_Tron_

I'm sure all Lyft drivers will get this, but.... it's the first communique I've ever received from this outfit that did not come off as disingenuous, patronizing, and self-serving...

"We want to take a moment to speak candidly about the tragedy that is enveloping our country right now. To our Black community members, we recognize your pain and feelings of fatigue over the injustices you face every day. The color of your skin should not impact how you are treated.

Acts of injustice against Black Americans — including George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Christian Cooper, and countless others — have created an inflection point. This is a call to action for each and every one of us to do better, to speak up, and to be part of the solution.

Systemic racism is deeply rooted in our society, and it's important that Lyft supports organizations that fight it. As part of our continued commitment to communities of color through LyftUp, our transportation access initiative, we're providing $500,000 in ride credit to national civil rights organizations who have been working to facilitate essential transportation and equitable access during the recent crises (National Urban League, NAACP, National Action Network, Black Women's Roundtable and National Bail Fund Network). In Minneapolis specifically, we will be donating LyftUp ride credit to Lake Street Council to facilitate rides to volunteers assisting with rebuilding efforts.

We care deeply about your safety, and the safety of riders, and want to make sure we're not putting anyone in harm's way. If you plan to drive, please check your local news before you head out.

We know that the last week — and the last several months — have been difficult. We want to make sure you hear from us and have a chance to ask questions. We invite you to join us for a video conference just for drivers on Thursday, June 4 at 1 PM PT. Learn more.

We are committed to being a part of the solution. Thank you for being a part of our community."

John & Logan
Lyft co-founders

tohunt4me

I'm sure all Lyft drivers will get this, but.... it's the first communique I've ever received from this outfit that did not come off as disingenuous, patronizing, and self-serving...

"We want to take a moment to speak candidly about the tragedy that is enveloping our country right now. To our Black community members, we recognize your pain and feelings of fatigue over the injustices you face every day. The color of your skin should not impact how you are treated.

Acts of injustice against Black Americans — including George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Christian Cooper, and countless others — have created an inflection point. This is a call to action for each and every one of us to do better, to speak up, and to be part of the solution.

Systemic racism is deeply rooted in our society, and it's important that Lyft supports organizations that fight it. As part of our continued commitment to communities of color through LyftUp, our transportation access initiative, we're providing $500,000 in ride credit to national civil rights organizations who have been working to facilitate essential transportation and equitable access during the recent crises (National Urban League, NAACP, National Action Network, Black Women's Roundtable and National Bail Fund Network). In Minneapolis specifically, we will be donating LyftUp ride credit to Lake Street Council to facilitate rides to volunteers assisting with rebuilding efforts.

We care deeply about your safety, and the safety of riders, and want to make sure we're not putting anyone in harm's way. If you plan to drive, please check your local news before you head out.

We know that the last week — and the last several months — have been difficult. We want to make sure you hear from us and have a chance to ask questions. We invite you to join us for a video conference just for drivers on Thursday, June 4 at 1 PM PT. Learn more.

We are committed to being a part of the solution. Thank you for being a part of our community."

John & Logan
Lyft co-founders
Not. A
Penny
For
Drivers !!!

Mista T

Author
What solution are they a part of? Please explain, Lyft. And explain exactly how you are a part of it, other than promoting your self interests with free ride credits.

mbd

If you have to exist in SF, you have to follow
the SF rules. SF only has 5% black population. Valerie Jarrett used to be in the BOD.
Donating is not a issue, but when lyft drivers gets killed, it better be 500,000$ to the family.
If you are a black male , good luck getting picked up, pings will be in decline mode... before this, it was already a big problem , but now it will be a bigger problem .. ... Use a female account :smiles:

Last edited:

mbd

What they need to do is pay people extra for 100% AR..I would gladly accept 500,000$.:smiles:
I don’t need any stupid video advise. WTF is it, advise or advice? Where is Nautical ?😄 He needs to fix my advice or advise.

Another Uber Driver

I received Gryft's Virtue-Signalling/Guilty e-Mail to-day.

If you are a black male , good luck getting picked up,
In the Washington Metropolitan Area, there were twelve and thirteen dollar surges in the black zip codes.
There were ten and eleven in the brown zip codes.
There were eight and nine in the "other immigrant" zip codes.
There were four and five in the white zip codes.

pings will be in decline mode... before this, it was already a big problem , but now it will be a bigger problem .. ...

Use a female account :smiles:
They have been doing that here in the black zip codes for years. The guys used to have the girls call a cab. The telephone operator used to ask the name, of course, so the girl, who was calling, gave hers. The people admitted that they did this because they thought that if they gave the guy's name, the cab would not come.

At one point, I worked for a cab company that did most of its business in the black zip codes. Most of the radio drivers were black American. If they got to an address and had the name Denise, but Dennis came out of the address, most of those drivers would not take Dennis. The telephone operators used to tell the callers that they wanted the name of the person who actually was going to ride in the cab. They used to warn the callers all the time that if the driver gets there and Dennis comes out instead of Denise, Dennis is not going to get a ride.

I saw this all the time and still see it on both Uber and Lyft. If the guy looks allright, usually I take him.

Before you know it Lyft will soon make you watch a 20 minute video on why you are racist but don't know it and how you can stop being a racist before you can drive.
"Not to-day, Gryft. I do not have my guilt on, to-day. In fact, I had it only for a minute, but I put it somewhere back in 1971 and have not seen it since. I am not planning to go look for it, either."

oishiin driving

I never understood Uber drivers telling me to learn to “assess” who comes up to my car, on this very forum.
I don’t look who is coming and I don’t look who sits in the back of my car unless they talk to me. Sometimes when driving they all mix in my mind and I think it’s still the same person who already left. I don’t look at the picture on the App or rating of the pax. It’s just unimportant.

crusoeatl

Lyft should stop with their PR and start with deleting from the app their "despite your 5 star rating your account is at risk of suspension" threats because I don't accept their 15-25-30 min pickup requests ("communities and passengers suffer" - well Lyft, I do too when you send me on those long pickup trips without pay. Except as a driver I don't count - the community and the passengers do).
Almost forgot - hey Lyft, how about paying drivers more in a time of a pandemic when every company pays their front line employees extra?

Last edited:

Don'tchasethesurge

It’s PR! No one is driving for them... the majority of drivers in area are diving uber. Uber has been giving us surge.... lyft has been giving us zero.lyft pax are waiting 1-2 hour for ride.

teh744

When they did away with primetime, I drove less for them. This point system they have during peak hours is a joke.