Lyft is testing HIGHER rates in Charlotte

DeeFree

Love that this forum can s**t all over any slightly good news. Whine and complain about rates then something good happens and you still whine and complain. You guys are the worst. But thanks for the positive feedback from the rest.
But, but, but +$.15 is NOTHING. You and your car are worth far more than that. That's good for a laugh and nothing more. I don't know why drivers don't realize that we are more important than the riders who are paying. Why? Because we are the product. Without drivers there is nothing to sell. Without drivers there is no Uber or Lyft. If only all drivers could shut it down for however long it takes rates would go up. No need to organize, or unionize or strike or sue. Just everyone stop driving. But of course a lot of people have kids to feed and depend heavily on this income, so it's unlikely change can be affected. I just wonder what these drivers would do if Uber and Lyft shut down or what did they do before 2008.

grayspinner

So how's it working out so far?

Are people using lyft? Are all the drivers doing lyft instead of uber & giving pax no choice but to use lyft? Or is the number of drivers on each platform about the same as before & ridrrs are still choosing lyft?

Jam Val

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So how's it working out so far?

Are people using lyft? Are all the drivers doing lyft instead of uber & giving pax no choice but to use lyft? Or is the number of drivers on each platform about the same as before & ridrrs are still choosing lyft?
Based on our FB group, more drivers are signing up for Lyft. We lack drivers here. More hits than ever on Lyft. Also, I was at the airport twice with no uber drivers and I refused to turn my app on for uber. Stuck with Lyft. Hahaha! Worked out to higher fares and $7 in tips.

grayspinner

That's great. I hope this works out because then Lyft may raise our rates on Raleigh. I already have seen a huge increase in pax switching from uber to lyft - often because there are no ubers available.

KMANDERSON

I wouldn't either! How sad that expectations are so low a that a $.15 increase is considered impressive. $1.50 minimum and that goes for Detroit too!! Hey, wait a minute, gas is $1.89/gallon in Long Beach, how much is it in Charlotte? I might think differently if it was around $.99/gallon there.
Goes to show how bad the per mile rates are.We get happy to hear .90 a mile

Lag Monkey

I really didn't care for how uber treated us, the low pay pisssy text and emails threating us and bossing us around. Pay is just better on Lyft with tips and PDB anyways. I'm happier on Lyft the riders are generally more laid back and less demanding. Lyft isn't perfect but it's definitely the better platform for both the rider and driver imo

Ubernomics

That is so cool that Lyft is doing what makes sense. There is no reason to lower rate to below certain standard level and risk losing quality service and drivers. Hopefully this will force Uber to raise rate too but I really don't care about them. As long as Lyft can do the sensible thing, we'll keep driving on Lyft.
Uber...what's that? Lmmfao!