Lyft is testing HIGHER rates in Charlotte

TheJudge

Well that's positive for the Charlotte market.....Lyft dropped from $0.90 to $0.70 in the Detroit Market once Uber took their rates here to the basement $0.30 mile/$0.30 min

Transportador

That is so cool that Lyft is doing what makes sense. There is no reason to lower rate to below certain standard level and risk losing quality service and drivers. Hopefully this will force Uber to raise rate too but I really don't care about them. As long as Lyft can do the sensible thing, we'll keep driving on Lyft.

Jam Val

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is so cool that Lyft is doing what makes sense. There is no reason to lower rate to below certain standard level and risk losing quality service and drivers. Hopefully this will force Uber to raise rate too but I really don't care about them. As long as Lyft can do the sensible thing, we'll keep driving on Lyft.
I was sooo pro Lyft for many reasons before this and now I'm just impressed.

Jam Val

Had the rate always been $.75 or was there a decrease prior to this increase?
I can only speak to it being $.75 when I signed up last summer. Uber was more, $1. Then Uber went to $.75 and lyft went to .90. Ping pong!

DeeFree

I wouldn't drive for 75 or 90 cents.
I wouldn't either! How sad that expectations are so low a that a $.15 increase is considered impressive. $1.50 minimum and that goes for Detroit too!! Hey, wait a minute, gas is $1.89/gallon in Long Beach, how much is it in Charlotte? I might think differently if it was around $.99/gallon there.

Jam Val

Love that this forum can s**t all over any slightly good news. Whine and complain about rates then something good happens and you still whine and complain. You guys are the worst. But thanks for the positive feedback from the rest.

Jam Val

I wouldn't either! How sad that expectations are so low a that a $.15 increase is considered impressive. $1.50 minimum and that goes for Detroit too!! Hey, wait a minute, gas is $1.89/gallon in Long Beach, how much is it in Charlotte? I might think differently if it was around $.99/gallon there.
$1.62 in the city. $1.32 over the border in SC or at Costco.

scrurbscrud

Love that this forum can s**t all over any slightly good news. Whine and complain about rates then something good happens and you still whine and complain. You guys are the worst. But thanks for the positive feedback from the rest.
I only think MATH and that, only 'how much does it pay per overall mile' to ME.

75 or 90 cents a mile is a non-profit/non-wage gig according to math. Not according to slamming or hatred or anger or whining or complaining or any other B.S. slant used to defer from simple MATH.

Reversoul

Rates are higher in small towns like Charlotte, Birmingham, etc. Major cities like NY, ATL, LA are taking the rate cuts.