• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft is messing with the ratings.

ZenUber

I’ve always suspected they where playing with the numbers. My rating has always been around 4.97 or 4.98. And the pax are always 4.8, 4.9, 0r 5.0. It’s like they are trying to keep everybody's ratings high.

So a few days ago I noticed my rating was suddenly down to 4.87. I’m thinkin, wow, a bunch of people must have been really unhappy with me for it to go so low, so fast. I checked it the next day, and it’s still at 4.87. Then, when I checked it yesterday, it was up to 4.93. I don’t see how that’s even possible. I only do 5 or 10 lyft rides a day. I checked it today, and it’s still at 4.93.

Anybody else see wild swings like this?

mbd

I’ve always suspected they where playing with the numbers. My rating has always been around 4.97 or 4.98. And the pax are always 4.8, 4.9, 0r 5.0. It’s like they are trying to keep everybody's ratings high.

So a few days ago I noticed my rating was suddenly down to 4.87. I’m thinkin, wow, a bunch of people must have been really unhappy with me for it to go so low, so fast. I checked it the next day, and it’s still at 4.87. Then, when I checked it yesterday, it was up to 4.93. I don’t see how that’s even possible. I only do 5 or 10 lyft rides a day. I checked it today, and it’s still at 4.93.

Anybody else see wild swings like this?
They also drop the lowest rating every 100 runs. So your 1 star came off the books. In a perfect situation, you can hypothetically replace two 1* in 1 run
and you can shoot up 8 pts.

ZenUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would think you get more extreme ratings swings on Lyft than on Uber because Lyft recycles every 100 ratings compared to Uber’s 500. JMO
That’s what I was thinking at first. But it seems like too much of a change in only a day. Even if suddenly everyone was giving me 1*. I’ll have to sit down and do the math. But I think it’s proof that they’ve got their hands in there turning some knobs.

doyousensehumor

My rating was 4.98 but it always showed 5* under my profile. That happens because they round it up.

View attachment 345443
View attachment 345444
Oh, they do round. What @ZenUber is talking about is something else.

Lets say you are a perfect 5.00 on lyft, and been driving for awhile:
If you get a 4☆ your rating drops .01 which is 4.99.
Then is you get a 1☆, your rating falls .04 which is 4.95

It is sometimes not doing that now. I haven't figured out why though.

O-Side Uber

I was 5* on Lyft for a few 1000 rides and then a young woman 4 starred me a week or so ago and now its 4.98. I’m slightly worried about one weird ride from last Friday that I might have got dinged . I gave the lady 1* just in case she did.

She was a store pick up. Shared ride. Daytime not busy. I rolled up , hazard lights on. Saw her looking at her phone and looking at my car. I asked if she was the name. That should of been sufficient ..but noooo. She has to ask my name now and double check everything..ok..I say ok ..now hop in , let’s go ..

She gets in and it’s already awkward . She has an opiated slow monotone speech . She said there was a glare on her phone and she didn’t mean to question me... fine...

I go to confirm the address and it just says the letter “B”. She proceeded to tell me just start driving and she’ll direct me. Um how bout no lady !!!??? You took a shared ride, it doesn’t work that way . She had apparently priced the ride twice but the 2nd time around fat fingered it. The app still had the correct directions (I confirmed) so we left.

Her ride is 3 miles. I’m getting on the fwy and she decided to Debbie Downer and started whining about the route. I’m now way annoyed . I ask what route was she talking about? She says some back way. I say you should of told me that before we got on the fwy. Duh!!

Now she starts telling me other drivers accommodate her route changes. I asked her if she tips her drivers.. she said no they just do it. I’m now pissed because this ride is turning to crap 💩 and I don’t feel like doing damage control.

I reminded her that it was a minimum fare ride and how I don’t really want to hear her complain about it. I don’t remember exactly what I said . I finally dropped her off at some elementary school. Pretended to wish her a nice goodbye . Then boom 💥 I one starred her ass. Just in case. You take my life, but I’ll take yours too 🤘🏻

Merc7186

I just checked my ratings...but then realized I was checking my ratings before I checked my ratings and thought to myself "Its ratings, Why Do I Care"....

If you feel like you wasted 10 seconds of your life, reading this post....you did. Checking ratings is a waste of time.

ZenUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just checked my ratings...but then realized I was checking my ratings before I checked my ratings and thought to myself "Its ratings, Why Do I Care"....

If you feel like you wasted 10 seconds of your life, reading this post....you did. Checking ratings is a waste of time.
I bet it took you 20 seconds to write that. And another 10 to read this response. Just saying.

welikecamping

LOL. I'm at a 5.0 on Lyft and have been for about three months now. However, I rarely do more than 5 Lyft rides a day.